Nov 20, 2013, 10:10 AM PDT
Two proud bearded contenders entered Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia, but only one left with facial hair intact. There can only be one true King of Beards, after all.
The beard-off between WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan and Oakland Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick has been decided. It was Reddick’s scruff that hit the mat and stayed down for a three count. Bryan’s majestic mane remains intact.
Instead of settling their differences in the squared circle, the two gentlemen took a different approach, as Bryan broke out the clippers behind the scenes during WWE’s Tuesday taping of Smackdown. You can see the full video on WWE.com.
Reddick and Bryan’s battle of the beards began during Spring Training and included several verbal jabs and pokes on social media. Here’s the aftermath of the clippers. It looks like Bryan was generous enough to leave Reddick with enough beard length to keep his dignity.
Reddick was a guest of the WWE on Monday and Tuesday. The eccentric outfielder is often seen wearing wrestling t-shirts and his replica WWE Championship belt. Bryan certainly had home field advantage in the contest. Like most major events in pro wrestling, the results of the beard-off were probably pre-determined. Bryan has a popular line of “Respect The Beard” shirts and uses his scruffy looks as a part of his wildly popular gimmick.
Reddick’s beard looked every beat as shaggy as Bryan’s. It’s possible he did the job for Bryan to help him get over.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings learn another harsh lesson, blow massive lead in loss to Nets
- Jury: Monsanto Was a Factor in Sonoma County Man's Cancer
- No Charges for SF Giants CEO in Altercation With Wife: DA
- License Plate Readers Urged, Approved in East Bay Locales
- South Bay Community Demands Transparency Under New State Law
- Warriors find rhythm on road trip with NBA playoffs’ top seed in reach
- Man Brutally Beaten in Petaluma; Possible Hate Crime: Police
- How Jonas Jerebko came out of hibernation, helped spark Warriors' win
- Google Unveils 'Stadia' Game Streaming Service
- Operator of Los Gatos Clinic Charged With Insurance Fraud
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|