Nov 21, 2013, 9:26 AM PST
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is new to this television analyst thing and it will cost him.
On Monday, Ray Lewis whipped out his credit card and said he’d pay half of Ahmad Brooks’ eventual fine for hitting Drew Brees. Well, Brooks was indeed fined for a total of $15,750 on Wednesday and Lewis isn’t backing down from his statement. He says he will have a check in hand when he sees Brooks on Monday. Maybe the minor hit to the pocketbook would teach him not to make himself part of the story.
It doesn’t look like Brooks would even cash the check. A source close to Brooks told 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco that Brooks will not accept any money from Lewis intended to help him pay the fine.
— The Sharks could be getting Brent Burns back soon, writes our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz. Burns has been out with an upper body injury, but has been back on the ice with the team and feeling great about it — according to his new spokesman, captain Joe Thornton.
“[Heck] yeah, he’s with Joe Thornton and Tomas Hertl, are you kidding me?” Thornton said.
“What he said,” Burns followed.
— — The first blockbuster trade of the Major League Baseball offseason has been agreed upon. The Detroit Tigers are sending Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers in exchange for Ian Kinsler. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the Rangers marketing department. They sent out this promotional email featuring Kinsler shortly after the deal. Oops.
Then there’s this commercial featuring Kinsler and Fielder that sort of predicted the future. They were discussing trading themselves for Tim Lincecum, though.
Field of Links:
— Oh, great. Toronto will never be able to get rid of mayor Rob Ford, thanks to Ron Burgundy. What a fantastic campaign anthem.
— From our friends at Big League Stew: The A-Rod vs. Bud Selig feud should be decided at Wrestlemania.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|