Nov 21, 2013, 9:26 AM PDT
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is new to this television analyst thing and it will cost him.
On Monday, Ray Lewis whipped out his credit card and said he’d pay half of Ahmad Brooks’ eventual fine for hitting Drew Brees. Well, Brooks was indeed fined for a total of $15,750 on Wednesday and Lewis isn’t backing down from his statement. He says he will have a check in hand when he sees Brooks on Monday. Maybe the minor hit to the pocketbook would teach him not to make himself part of the story.
It doesn’t look like Brooks would even cash the check. A source close to Brooks told 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco that Brooks will not accept any money from Lewis intended to help him pay the fine.
— The Sharks could be getting Brent Burns back soon, writes our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz. Burns has been out with an upper body injury, but has been back on the ice with the team and feeling great about it — according to his new spokesman, captain Joe Thornton.
“[Heck] yeah, he’s with Joe Thornton and Tomas Hertl, are you kidding me?” Thornton said.
“What he said,” Burns followed.
— — The first blockbuster trade of the Major League Baseball offseason has been agreed upon. The Detroit Tigers are sending Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers in exchange for Ian Kinsler. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the Rangers marketing department. They sent out this promotional email featuring Kinsler shortly after the deal. Oops.
Then there’s this commercial featuring Kinsler and Fielder that sort of predicted the future. They were discussing trading themselves for Tim Lincecum, though.
Field of Links:
— Oh, great. Toronto will never be able to get rid of mayor Rob Ford, thanks to Ron Burgundy. What a fantastic campaign anthem.
— From our friends at Big League Stew: The A-Rod vs. Bud Selig feud should be decided at Wrestlemania.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|