Nov 21, 2013, 9:26 AM PDT
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is new to this television analyst thing and it will cost him.
On Monday, Ray Lewis whipped out his credit card and said he’d pay half of Ahmad Brooks’ eventual fine for hitting Drew Brees. Well, Brooks was indeed fined for a total of $15,750 on Wednesday and Lewis isn’t backing down from his statement. He says he will have a check in hand when he sees Brooks on Monday. Maybe the minor hit to the pocketbook would teach him not to make himself part of the story.
It doesn’t look like Brooks would even cash the check. A source close to Brooks told 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco that Brooks will not accept any money from Lewis intended to help him pay the fine.
— The Sharks could be getting Brent Burns back soon, writes our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz. Burns has been out with an upper body injury, but has been back on the ice with the team and feeling great about it — according to his new spokesman, captain Joe Thornton.
“[Heck] yeah, he’s with Joe Thornton and Tomas Hertl, are you kidding me?” Thornton said.
“What he said,” Burns followed.
— — The first blockbuster trade of the Major League Baseball offseason has been agreed upon. The Detroit Tigers are sending Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers in exchange for Ian Kinsler. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the Rangers marketing department. They sent out this promotional email featuring Kinsler shortly after the deal. Oops.
Then there’s this commercial featuring Kinsler and Fielder that sort of predicted the future. They were discussing trading themselves for Tim Lincecum, though.
Field of Links:
— Oh, great. Toronto will never be able to get rid of mayor Rob Ford, thanks to Ron Burgundy. What a fantastic campaign anthem.
— From our friends at Big League Stew: The A-Rod vs. Bud Selig feud should be decided at Wrestlemania.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|