Nov 21, 2013, 9:26 AM PDT
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is new to this television analyst thing and it will cost him.
On Monday, Ray Lewis whipped out his credit card and said he’d pay half of Ahmad Brooks’ eventual fine for hitting Drew Brees. Well, Brooks was indeed fined for a total of $15,750 on Wednesday and Lewis isn’t backing down from his statement. He says he will have a check in hand when he sees Brooks on Monday. Maybe the minor hit to the pocketbook would teach him not to make himself part of the story.
It doesn’t look like Brooks would even cash the check. A source close to Brooks told 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco that Brooks will not accept any money from Lewis intended to help him pay the fine.
— The Sharks could be getting Brent Burns back soon, writes our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz. Burns has been out with an upper body injury, but has been back on the ice with the team and feeling great about it — according to his new spokesman, captain Joe Thornton.
“[Heck] yeah, he’s with Joe Thornton and Tomas Hertl, are you kidding me?” Thornton said.
“What he said,” Burns followed.
— — The first blockbuster trade of the Major League Baseball offseason has been agreed upon. The Detroit Tigers are sending Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers in exchange for Ian Kinsler. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the Rangers marketing department. They sent out this promotional email featuring Kinsler shortly after the deal. Oops.
Then there’s this commercial featuring Kinsler and Fielder that sort of predicted the future. They were discussing trading themselves for Tim Lincecum, though.
Field of Links:
— Oh, great. Toronto will never be able to get rid of mayor Rob Ford, thanks to Ron Burgundy. What a fantastic campaign anthem.
— From our friends at Big League Stew: The A-Rod vs. Bud Selig feud should be decided at Wrestlemania.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kevin Durant shows his MVP self in Warriors' Game 3 win vs. Clippers
- Even in victory, Warriors still in search of something that's eluded them
- Kevin Durant goes off for 38 points in Warriors' Game 3 win vs. Clippers
- Sharks escape elimination with dominant Game 5 win over Golden Knights
- Sharks keep emotions in check, season alive in Game 5 win vs. Vegas
- Missing Teen Feared Drowned in Half Moon Bay
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Durant makes ridiculous and-one vs. Clippers
- Warriors had 'a pretty good formula' in runaway win over Clippers in Game 3
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Warriors Start, Finish Strong to Take Game 3 Over Clippers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|