Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 AM PDT
Shaquille O’Neal is the newest member of the Sacramento Kings ownership group. That is great news, because when he does goofy stuff, it’s now a local story. On Thursday, Shaq slipped and fell on the TNT basketball set. Seeing an aging seven-footer fall is scary at first, then absolutely hilarious. Just ask Chris Webber.
— Charles Barkley is at it again. For some reason, he has a long standing feud with the Bay Area.
— San Jose Sharks forward Brent Burns returned and scored a greasy goal in a 5-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning. For fun: The Lightning are one of nine professional sports teams that don’t end in the letter “S.” Can you name the others?
Field of Links:
— Sportsmanship is dead. Check out this Blackhawks fan in a headdress as he dumps a beer on a Predators fan and runs away. Also: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING VERTICAL VIDEO!
— New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham broke the uprights with his dunk.
— A Thunder fan hit a $20,000 half-court shot and got a high-five from Jay Z. Two Thunder fans have actually drained half-court shots this week.
— Dumbest story of the day: The Minnesota Twins are facing off with the WWE over the Bella Twins.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Remains of Woman Who Disappeared While Shopping Identified
- SFO Travelers To and From London React to Terror Attack
- iCloud Hacked, 200M iPhone Users' Data in Danger: Report
- High School Investigates Alleged Cyberbullying Incident
- Anderson Dam Seismic Vulnerability Concerns Nearby Residents
- Tow Truck Crashes Into Hwy. 101 Divider in SF, Injuring One
- Tyreke Evans: I play best with the ball in my hands
- Highlights: Kings can't keep up with athletic Bucks
- Joerger: Kings big man Cauley-Stein getting closer with more experience
- Can Skal see himself as an Antetokounmpo in the future?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|