Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 AM PDT
Shaquille O’Neal is the newest member of the Sacramento Kings ownership group. That is great news, because when he does goofy stuff, it’s now a local story. On Thursday, Shaq slipped and fell on the TNT basketball set. Seeing an aging seven-footer fall is scary at first, then absolutely hilarious. Just ask Chris Webber.
— Charles Barkley is at it again. For some reason, he has a long standing feud with the Bay Area.
— San Jose Sharks forward Brent Burns returned and scored a greasy goal in a 5-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning. For fun: The Lightning are one of nine professional sports teams that don’t end in the letter “S.” Can you name the others?
Field of Links:
— Sportsmanship is dead. Check out this Blackhawks fan in a headdress as he dumps a beer on a Predators fan and runs away. Also: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING VERTICAL VIDEO!
— New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham broke the uprights with his dunk.
— A Thunder fan hit a $20,000 half-court shot and got a high-five from Jay Z. Two Thunder fans have actually drained half-court shots this week.
— Dumbest story of the day: The Minnesota Twins are facing off with the WWE over the Bella Twins.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|