Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 AM PDT
Shaquille O’Neal is the newest member of the Sacramento Kings ownership group. That is great news, because when he does goofy stuff, it’s now a local story. On Thursday, Shaq slipped and fell on the TNT basketball set. Seeing an aging seven-footer fall is scary at first, then absolutely hilarious. Just ask Chris Webber.
— Charles Barkley is at it again. For some reason, he has a long standing feud with the Bay Area.
— San Jose Sharks forward Brent Burns returned and scored a greasy goal in a 5-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning. For fun: The Lightning are one of nine professional sports teams that don’t end in the letter “S.” Can you name the others?
Field of Links:
— Sportsmanship is dead. Check out this Blackhawks fan in a headdress as he dumps a beer on a Predators fan and runs away. Also: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING VERTICAL VIDEO!
— New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham broke the uprights with his dunk.
— A Thunder fan hit a $20,000 half-court shot and got a high-five from Jay Z. Two Thunder fans have actually drained half-court shots this week.
— Dumbest story of the day: The Minnesota Twins are facing off with the WWE over the Bella Twins.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|