Nov 22, 2013, 9:14 AM PDT
Shaquille O’Neal is the newest member of the Sacramento Kings ownership group. That is great news, because when he does goofy stuff, it’s now a local story. On Thursday, Shaq slipped and fell on the TNT basketball set. Seeing an aging seven-footer fall is scary at first, then absolutely hilarious. Just ask Chris Webber.
— Charles Barkley is at it again. For some reason, he has a long standing feud with the Bay Area.
— San Jose Sharks forward Brent Burns returned and scored a greasy goal in a 5-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning. For fun: The Lightning are one of nine professional sports teams that don’t end in the letter “S.” Can you name the others?
Field of Links:
— Sportsmanship is dead. Check out this Blackhawks fan in a headdress as he dumps a beer on a Predators fan and runs away. Also: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING VERTICAL VIDEO!
— New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham broke the uprights with his dunk.
— A Thunder fan hit a $20,000 half-court shot and got a high-five from Jay Z. Two Thunder fans have actually drained half-court shots this week.
— Dumbest story of the day: The Minnesota Twins are facing off with the WWE over the Bella Twins.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|