Nov 25, 2013, 1:11 PM PDT
The San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos were the trendy picks to meet in the Super Bowl prior to the start of the season. With Week 12 mostly in the books, let’s just say only one of those two teams is still considered a heavy favorite to get there.
According to the most recent update from the oddsmakers at Bovada.lv, the 49ers odds to win it all have fallen from 6/1 to 14/1. Bovada had previously determined the 49ers were the most likely team to win the Super Bowl, now they believe five other teams have a better chance at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the conclusion of this season.
If the oddsmakers are correct, and they sometimes are, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos will meet in the Super Bowl, with the Seahawks winning the game. Seattle had its bye this week and the Broncos lost to the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football.
The 49ers face the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football. With a win, the 49ers will be tied with the Arizona Cardinals for the second NFC Wild Card spot.
The oddsmakers apparently consider the Oakland Raiders such a longshot, they were left off the list.
Odds to win the 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII (Bovada.lv):
Seattle Seahawks 3/1
Denver Broncos 7/2
New England Patriots 13/2
New Orleans Saints 13/2
Carolina Panthers 10/1
San Francisco 49ers 14/1
Cincinnati Bengals 22/1
Kansas City Chiefs 22/1
Indianapolis Colts 28/1
Dallas Cowboys 33/1
Detroit Lions 33/1
Green Bay Packers 33/1
Philadelphia Eagles 33/1
Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 50/1
Baltimore Ravens 66/1
Chicago Bears 66/1
San Diego Chargers 75/1
New York Giants 100/1
Miami Dolphins 150/1
Tennessee Titans 150/1
New York Jets 250/1
Washington Redskins 300/1
St. Louis Rams 350/1
Buffalo Bills 500/1
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|