Nov 25, 2013, 1:11 PM PST
The San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos were the trendy picks to meet in the Super Bowl prior to the start of the season. With Week 12 mostly in the books, let’s just say only one of those two teams is still considered a heavy favorite to get there.
According to the most recent update from the oddsmakers at Bovada.lv, the 49ers odds to win it all have fallen from 6/1 to 14/1. Bovada had previously determined the 49ers were the most likely team to win the Super Bowl, now they believe five other teams have a better chance at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the conclusion of this season.
If the oddsmakers are correct, and they sometimes are, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos will meet in the Super Bowl, with the Seahawks winning the game. Seattle had its bye this week and the Broncos lost to the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football.
The 49ers face the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football. With a win, the 49ers will be tied with the Arizona Cardinals for the second NFC Wild Card spot.
The oddsmakers apparently consider the Oakland Raiders such a longshot, they were left off the list.
Odds to win the 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII (Bovada.lv):
Seattle Seahawks 3/1
Denver Broncos 7/2
New England Patriots 13/2
New Orleans Saints 13/2
Carolina Panthers 10/1
San Francisco 49ers 14/1
Cincinnati Bengals 22/1
Kansas City Chiefs 22/1
Indianapolis Colts 28/1
Dallas Cowboys 33/1
Detroit Lions 33/1
Green Bay Packers 33/1
Philadelphia Eagles 33/1
Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 50/1
Baltimore Ravens 66/1
Chicago Bears 66/1
San Diego Chargers 75/1
New York Giants 100/1
Miami Dolphins 150/1
Tennessee Titans 150/1
New York Jets 250/1
Washington Redskins 300/1
St. Louis Rams 350/1
Buffalo Bills 500/1
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|