Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 PM PST
Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake wants you to vote Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins into the 2014 NBA All-Star Game. “Drizzy” and “Boogie” got together to make a video featuring the official endorsement during the multi-platinum rappers’ recent stop at Sleep Train Arena.
In the video, Cousins explains that he and the rapper became friends during his freshman year at University of Kentucky. Now that Cousins is making a name for himself in the NBA, Drake understandably wants to help his friend get voted into the All-Star Game.
“It’s All-Star time for this boy right here,” Drake said in the video. “So, you all know what you all got to do. Vote for him.”
Drake, a native of Toronto, Ontario, joked that Cousins needs to be on the All-Star team for the next several years, so he can play in the 2016 All-Star Game in Toronto. The rapping Raptors fan has also been seen palling around with LeBron James and the Miami Heat.
The All-Star endorsement occurred in the second episode of Cousins’ new #TheRealDMC YouTube series. You can start from the bottom of the series with the first episode and see Cousins take his teammates out for a game of paintball.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Infant's Body Found Near San Francisco Golf Course: Police
- D.J. Swearinger ready to bring immediate aid to Raiders' ailing secondary
- Why Farhan Zaidi chose Scott Harris as Giants' new general manager
- 49ers activate Garrett Celek, George Kittle likely out vs. Seahawks
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green returning to Warriors with aching finger, heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|