Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 PM PDT
Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake wants you to vote Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins into the 2014 NBA All-Star Game. “Drizzy” and “Boogie” got together to make a video featuring the official endorsement during the multi-platinum rappers’ recent stop at Sleep Train Arena.
In the video, Cousins explains that he and the rapper became friends during his freshman year at University of Kentucky. Now that Cousins is making a name for himself in the NBA, Drake understandably wants to help his friend get voted into the All-Star Game.
“It’s All-Star time for this boy right here,” Drake said in the video. “So, you all know what you all got to do. Vote for him.”
Drake, a native of Toronto, Ontario, joked that Cousins needs to be on the All-Star team for the next several years, so he can play in the 2016 All-Star Game in Toronto. The rapping Raptors fan has also been seen palling around with LeBron James and the Miami Heat.
The All-Star endorsement occurred in the second episode of Cousins’ new #TheRealDMC YouTube series. You can start from the bottom of the series with the first episode and see Cousins take his teammates out for a game of paintball.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- With Warriors discussing the matter, Curry reaffirms White House stance
- Giants lineup: Hernandez leads off, Williamson in left to start series vs Dodgers
- $900K Worth of Jewelry Stolen in SF Auto Burglary: Police
- USGS: Magnitude 5.7 Quake Strikes off NorCal Coast
- Lackluster Response to Launch of iPhone 8, Apple Watch 3
- Injury report: CB Sean Smith questionable; Washington TE Reed's status uncertain
- Men 'Directed' Mentally Disabled Juvenile to Rob Women: SJPD
- 3 Men Hurt in San Jose Shooting and Stabbing
- Shanahan: Carradine could be heading to IR
- Milo: Free Speech Week at Berkeley is Not Canceled
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard stopped…|