Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 PM PDT
Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake wants you to vote Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins into the 2014 NBA All-Star Game. “Drizzy” and “Boogie” got together to make a video featuring the official endorsement during the multi-platinum rappers’ recent stop at Sleep Train Arena.
In the video, Cousins explains that he and the rapper became friends during his freshman year at University of Kentucky. Now that Cousins is making a name for himself in the NBA, Drake understandably wants to help his friend get voted into the All-Star Game.
“It’s All-Star time for this boy right here,” Drake said in the video. “So, you all know what you all got to do. Vote for him.”
Drake, a native of Toronto, Ontario, joked that Cousins needs to be on the All-Star team for the next several years, so he can play in the 2016 All-Star Game in Toronto. The rapping Raptors fan has also been seen palling around with LeBron James and the Miami Heat.
The All-Star endorsement occurred in the second episode of Cousins’ new #TheRealDMC YouTube series. You can start from the bottom of the series with the first episode and see Cousins take his teammates out for a game of paintball.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants Notes: Span feeling better, hopes to return to lineup Wednesday
- Injuries to Hahn, Alonso compound A's loss to Marlins
- Proposed High School Site Near Santa Rita Jail Rejected
- Consumers Feel Duped by Local Matchmaker
- Bay Area on Heightened Alert Following Manchester Bombing
- SF-Bound United Flight Evacuated at Newark Airport
- Saratoga High Student Arrested for Threatening Violence
- Alonso feels 'lucky,' thought he broke wrist on HBP
- SF Public Defender Launches New Immigration Court Unit
- Hahn goes into detail about injury that forced him out of game vs Miami
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|