Nov 26, 2013, 9:52 AM PDT
Robert Griffin III had a very, very bad Monday night. He was dominated both verbally and physically by the San Francisco 49ers. After Griffin III was sacked four times and held without a touchdown, 49ers defensive end Ahmad Brooks may have dealt the harshest blow in a postgame interview.
“He’s obviously a man and he makes his own decisions, but I personally don’t feel he should be playing right now,” Brooks told CSN Washington.
Sometimes it’s the words that hurt the most, but Brooks was merely adding insult to injury after this kick to the groin, courtesy of Aldon Smith, probably left RGIII speaking a few octaves higher.
RGIII wasn’t the only one that took a vicious low blow on Monday night. The poor citizens of Maryland were left without any free toppings because the 49ers’ defense held Griffin without a touchdown. NO FREE TOPPINGS? There aren’t enough packets of free parmesan and ground pepper to make up for that pain. You’re on your own now, RGIII.
— Could Stephen Curry be any more likable? Here he is thanking his fans for helping him reach 1 million followers on Twitter in a genuine YouTube video. He’s a classy dude.
Field of Links:
— Bo Jackson shocked a paralympic athlete on the Arsenio Hall Show. Wait, there’s still an Arsenio Hall Show?
— Aside from this one, of course, this is the greatest website ever created.
— Ron Burgundy is joining TSN to announce the Olympic Curling Trials. Anchorman 2 better be good. They’re trying a little too hard to sell it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr issues early message to Warriors fans about next season
- San Bruno Fire Victim: Attorney Holding Back PG&E Payments
- Daniel Mengden proves more effective as starter than follower in A's win
- Daniel Mengden and two solo homers power A's to series sweep over Cardinals
- Sharks notebook: Prospects quickly making impression at development camp
- Mengden, A's Outlast Cardinals in Pitchers' Duel
- Drive of the Game: Beau Taylor gives A's lead vs. Cardinals with solo homer
- Matt Chapman, Beau Taylor power A's to series sweep against Cardinals
- Top Restaurateur Cleared in Pregnancy Discrimination Trial
- WATCH: Dynamo vs. Quakes
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|