Dec 3, 2013, 1:09 PM PST
Seattle Seahawks fans have hatched a plan to fly a banner over Candlestick Park this Sunday.
A group consisting of 100 contributors have pooled together $1,809 to fly the banner that will read, “GO HAWKS-12″ for 15 minutes. The airplane towing the banner is expected to reach Candlestick Park 10 minutes prior to kickoff of the Seahawks-49ers game. Seahawks fans Cedric James Morris and Travis Platt created a FundRazr account to come up with the resources and already have made $509 more than their initial goal.
Morris says they plan to donate the excess amount of money to the Wounded Warrior Project.
It’s a clever idea, but most fans will be focused on their tailgating before the game and the actual football on the field as the game begins. The banner in the sky will merely be a nuisance that people can easily avert their eyes to avoid.
There’s also the possibility of fog. According to the two fans involved, the pilot could elect to not fly and give the money back if conditions aren’t ideal.
Here’s the message that was posted on the FundRazr account that explains their actions:
Many of us can’t make to Candlestick park to support our Seahawks on Dec. 8th when they play the 49ers. To show our dedication and support as members of the 12th man Travis Platt and I (Cedric James Morris) propose that we fly a plane with a banner attached that reads “GO HAWKS-12″ over the staduim 10 minutes before kickoff not just showing San Francicso, but the entire nation that we are the most passionate, the greatest, and the LOUDEST fans in the NFL. The banner would fly for approximately 10 to 15 minutes above Candle Stick!!! The amount total is exact to the dollar of the price for this task to happen, and the pilot has a no fly guarantee. If for any reason conditions are not suitable to fly, our money will be returned, and every individual that contributes will get any contributions back via paypal. Let’s show the world, and those 49er’s what the 12th Man is all about. ARE U FIRED UP? Let’s make this happen my fellow 12’s.
Here’s a list of better ways to spend all of that money:
The Seahawks defeated the 49ers 29-3 in Seattle in Week 2. The last time these two teams met in San Francisco, the 49ers won 13-6. The Seahawks are currently in first place in the NFC West with an 11-1 record.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Manny Ramirez Jr. signs with University of San Francisco
- Warriors will make Kerr's brain shoot out of his nostrils
- Shot of the Game: Livingston with circus shot over Celtics
- Stanford goes cold in final minute, loses to Oregon
- Sharks trade Sheppard to Rangers for draft pick
- On Senior Day, Cal knocks off Oregon State
- Sinking Sharks hold 'Sunday Funday'
- Source: Raiders to release LaMarr Woodley
- The San Jose Sharks' belief system has collapsed
- Report: Sharks place McGinn on waivers
- Shot of the Game: Perfect execution leads to Marleau goal
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|