Dec 4, 2013, 4:25 PM PDT
Money talks and on Wednesday in Santa Clara, it also took flight.
In a video posted on the 49ers’ Vine account, a big part of Levi Strauss’ $220 million investment in the 49ers’ new stadium was shown being hoisted into the sky and carefully secured above a massive scoreboard.
The $1.4 billion stadium construction project in Santa Clara now officially has its Levi’s Stadium name tag in place. Affixing the signage to the stadium marks another milestone in the project. Construction crews started attaching solar panels in October, and began seat installation in September.
Levi’s Stadium is expected to be completed in time to host a Major League Soccer game between the San Jose Earthquakes and Seattle Sounders on Aug. 2, 2014.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kevin Durant shows his MVP self in Warriors' Game 3 win vs. Clippers
- Even in victory, Warriors still in search of something that's eluded them
- Kevin Durant goes off for 38 points in Warriors' Game 3 win vs. Clippers
- Sharks escape elimination with dominant Game 5 win over Golden Knights
- Sharks keep emotions in check, season alive in Game 5 win vs. Vegas
- Missing Teen Feared Drowned in Half Moon Bay
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Durant makes ridiculous and-one vs. Clippers
- Warriors had 'a pretty good formula' in runaway win over Clippers in Game 3
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Warriors Start, Finish Strong to Take Game 3 Over Clippers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|