Dec 4, 2013, 4:25 PM PDT
Money talks and on Wednesday in Santa Clara, it also took flight.
In a video posted on the 49ers’ Vine account, a big part of Levi Strauss’ $220 million investment in the 49ers’ new stadium was shown being hoisted into the sky and carefully secured above a massive scoreboard.
The $1.4 billion stadium construction project in Santa Clara now officially has its Levi’s Stadium name tag in place. Affixing the signage to the stadium marks another milestone in the project. Construction crews started attaching solar panels in October, and began seat installation in September.
Levi’s Stadium is expected to be completed in time to host a Major League Soccer game between the San Jose Earthquakes and Seattle Sounders on Aug. 2, 2014.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 8 Injured in Muni Bus Crash in SF's Castro District
- Site for New Morgan Hill Elementary School Contaminated
- Dad Applauds Insurance Coverage Amid Health Care Battle
- Unlike Warriors, Cubs decide to go to White House; Maddon explains choice
- Shelter in Place Ordered as Belmont Police Search for Robber
- Compromise Reached in Castro Valley Caged Birds Case
- Palo Alto Leaders Consider Big Jump in Cost of Parking
- Parents Angry About Reporting Lapse in Case of SJ Swim Coach
- Sen. Feinstein Sends Rallying Cry For Marine Sanctuaries
- Top pick Heliot Ramos visits AT&T Park, will start Giants career this weekend
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|