Dec 4, 2013, 4:25 PM PDT
Money talks and on Wednesday in Santa Clara, it also took flight.
In a video posted on the 49ers’ Vine account, a big part of Levi Strauss’ $220 million investment in the 49ers’ new stadium was shown being hoisted into the sky and carefully secured above a massive scoreboard.
The $1.4 billion stadium construction project in Santa Clara now officially has its Levi’s Stadium name tag in place. Affixing the signage to the stadium marks another milestone in the project. Construction crews started attaching solar panels in October, and began seat installation in September.
Levi’s Stadium is expected to be completed in time to host a Major League Soccer game between the San Jose Earthquakes and Seattle Sounders on Aug. 2, 2014.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|