Dec 4, 2013, 6:15 PM PDT
Barry Bonds is striking out while trying to find potential buyers for his Beverly Hills mansion. The All-Time home runs leader’s estate has been on the market since January, and recently slashed $1.5 million off the price tag.
According to Realtor.com, Bond’s originally purchased the 17,100-square-foot, seven bedroom, 13 bathroom home for just $8.7 million and is now listing it for $23.5 million. He initially put it on the market for $25 million.
The listing describes Bonds’ house as a single-family home, but it could comfortably house an entire baseball lineup. Here’s how his real estate agent described the place:
Located within the prestigious, guard-gated enclave of Beverly Park, this stunning and secluded Italian Villa was extensively remodeled in ’02/’03 to the most exacting of standards to create a grand, yet intimate, compound-Estate that perfectly unites Old World Tuscan charm with elegant modernity. Superior craftsmanship is apparent in every detail, from the 30-ft soaring ceilings in the grand entry foyer, to the gorgeous hand-painted Trompe L’oeil murals and the usage of Venetian plaster throughout.
You don’t need to be a millionaire, or watch ancient episodes of Bonds on Bonds, for an inside glimpse into the former Giants slugger’s life. Since his home is on the market, anyone can peruse the pictures for free. Enjoy. (All images are from Realtor.com)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kane leads Sharks to critical win on four-goal night
- Shot of the Game: Kane buries a rebound for first hat trick
- Shorthanded Warriors falter down the stretch in close loss to Kings
- Kings hang around and shock the Warriors
- Casspi rolls ankle, leaves game vs Kings
- New Car's Features Are Missing; Dealer Silent
- Kevin Durant's rib injury in his own words
- SF Public Works Rejects Tree Removal at Transamerica Pyramid
- Controversy Surrounds Retired Lieutenant's Bid for Sheriff
- Raiders to sign former 49ers defensive lineman
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|