Dec 4, 2013, 6:15 PM PDT
Barry Bonds is striking out while trying to find potential buyers for his Beverly Hills mansion. The All-Time home runs leader’s estate has been on the market since January, and recently slashed $1.5 million off the price tag.
According to Realtor.com, Bond’s originally purchased the 17,100-square-foot, seven bedroom, 13 bathroom home for just $8.7 million and is now listing it for $23.5 million. He initially put it on the market for $25 million.
The listing describes Bonds’ house as a single-family home, but it could comfortably house an entire baseball lineup. Here’s how his real estate agent described the place:
Located within the prestigious, guard-gated enclave of Beverly Park, this stunning and secluded Italian Villa was extensively remodeled in ’02/’03 to the most exacting of standards to create a grand, yet intimate, compound-Estate that perfectly unites Old World Tuscan charm with elegant modernity. Superior craftsmanship is apparent in every detail, from the 30-ft soaring ceilings in the grand entry foyer, to the gorgeous hand-painted Trompe L’oeil murals and the usage of Venetian plaster throughout.
You don’t need to be a millionaire, or watch ancient episodes of Bonds on Bonds, for an inside glimpse into the former Giants slugger’s life. Since his home is on the market, anyone can peruse the pictures for free. Enjoy. (All images are from Realtor.com)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Warriors placed a call to Dwyane Wade
- San Francisco Becomes First City to Sue Equifax After Breach
- Berkeley Police Make $1 Million Drug Bust at Residence
- Crews Battle Two-Alarm House Fire in San Jose
- Report: Dwyane Wade nearing agreement with Cavs
- SF Officials Set Up Cooling Centers Ahead of Midweek Heat
- The adjustment is going to take some time for Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Maybe our wanting him to play isn’t the best thing for Colin Kaepernick
- Klay Thompson: 'I worked harder this summer because...'
- Patriot Prayer Plans March, Rally in Berkeley
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|