Dec 4, 2013, 12:53 PM PDT
There are very few characters to work with on Twitter. To truly slam someone properly takes a special blend of creativity and wit. On Wednesday, the Sacramento River Cats put on a clinic at the expense of the Reno Aces.
The Rivers Cats are the Oakland Athletics Triple-A affiliate, while the Aces do business with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The River Cats made a valid point.
The Aces finished the 2013 season 60-84, which was the second worst record in the PCL. Sacramento finished 79-65 while having its roster constantly raided by the A’s. The River Cats are routinely one of the most successful minor league baseball teams. They were named the most valuable minor league franchise by Forbes in 2013, and won the PCL South Division in 11 consecutive seasons dating from 2000-2012.
They are about as good at social media as they are on the field. In the Aces’ defense, however, very few people know that River Cats exist. Aquatically inclined cats? Seems suspicious.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants Notes: Span feeling better, hopes to return to lineup Wednesday
- Injuries to Hahn, Alonso compound A's loss to Marlins
- Proposed High School Site Near Santa Rita Jail Rejected
- Consumers Feel Duped by Local Matchmaker
- Bay Area on Heightened Alert Following Manchester Bombing
- SF-Bound United Flight Evacuated at Newark Airport
- Saratoga High Student Arrested for Threatening Violence
- Alonso feels 'lucky,' thought he broke wrist on HBP
- SF Public Defender Launches New Immigration Court Unit
- Hahn goes into detail about injury that forced him out of game vs Miami
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|