Dec 4, 2013, 12:53 PM PST
There are very few characters to work with on Twitter. To truly slam someone properly takes a special blend of creativity and wit. On Wednesday, the Sacramento River Cats put on a clinic at the expense of the Reno Aces.
The Rivers Cats are the Oakland Athletics Triple-A affiliate, while the Aces do business with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The River Cats made a valid point.
The Aces finished the 2013 season 60-84, which was the second worst record in the PCL. Sacramento finished 79-65 while having its roster constantly raided by the A’s. The River Cats are routinely one of the most successful minor league baseball teams. They were named the most valuable minor league franchise by Forbes in 2013, and won the PCL South Division in 11 consecutive seasons dating from 2000-2012.
They are about as good at social media as they are on the field. In the Aces’ defense, however, very few people know that River Cats exist. Aquatically inclined cats? Seems suspicious.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers re-sign Tyvis Powell with Ahkello Witherspoon going on IR
- Sharks vs. Wild live stream: How to watch NHL game online on MyTeams
- Sonoma Co. Agrees to $3M Settlement to Family of Andy Lopez
- Raiders' possible Coliseum finale brings anything but Christmas cheer
- MLB rumors: Giants have major presence during Troy Tulowitzki workout
- Warriors Jonas Jerebko becoming factor in successful bench production
- Steph Curry wanted a lob pass for a dunk; Kevin Durant said 'Nah son'
- Sharks vs. Wild watch guide: Projected lines and defensive pairs
- 2019 NFL draft order: Raiders move on up, still stuck behind Cardinals
- Giants outfield situation could change drastically before Opening Day
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|