Dec 4, 2013, 12:53 PM PDT
There are very few characters to work with on Twitter. To truly slam someone properly takes a special blend of creativity and wit. On Wednesday, the Sacramento River Cats put on a clinic at the expense of the Reno Aces.
The Rivers Cats are the Oakland Athletics Triple-A affiliate, while the Aces do business with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The River Cats made a valid point.
The Aces finished the 2013 season 60-84, which was the second worst record in the PCL. Sacramento finished 79-65 while having its roster constantly raided by the A’s. The River Cats are routinely one of the most successful minor league baseball teams. They were named the most valuable minor league franchise by Forbes in 2013, and won the PCL South Division in 11 consecutive seasons dating from 2000-2012.
They are about as good at social media as they are on the field. In the Aces’ defense, however, very few people know that River Cats exist. Aquatically inclined cats? Seems suspicious.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Betcha' didn't know this about baseballs
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Hall and Oates, Tears For Fears Show in San Jose Postponed
- Pepper Spray Prompts Evacuations at South San Jose Hotel
- Highlights: Another Giants loss? Here's a skateboarding dog and dancing kid
- Father Arrested After Abandoning Baby in Suisun City: Police
- Bochy voices frustration with umpire after loss to Pirates
- Pavlovic: Headed to Sacramento, Pablo has lot of work to do
- Fallon Smith throws down on Ahmed Fareed in #DriveByDunkChallenge
- Listless Giants roughed up by Pirates in ejection-filled series opener
- Woman Arrested in Man's Fatal Stabbing in Burlingame Home
- Done with SJ, Pablo trying to get to San Francisco as soon as possible
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|