Dec 5, 2013, 8:34 AM PST
The Golden State Warriors and San Jose Sharks had the night off, and Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane actually took a day off from making trades, so Wednesday was a slow day in the Bay Area sports landscape. The Sharks will be back at it Thursday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
A matchup with Sidney Crosby and the Penguins should get Sharks fans excited. But what gets San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh excited? 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco was on hand when Harbaugh detailed a pretty epic dream scenario while referencing Sunday’s game against the Seattle Seahawks.
“If this doesn’t fire up the fans, then what does? Abraham Lincoln riding across the field in a frock and a top hat, riding a horse and waving an American flag?”
How did the word frock enter his train of thought? Awesome.
— Taiwan Jones practiced with the Oakland Raiders’ offense on Wednesday. The Raiders are looking to convert the special teams standout back to running back after switching him to defense. Raiders Insider Scott Bair has the details behind the switch. Jones also took the time to explain the online videos that show him leaping out of pools and over cars in a single bound.
Time to leap into some links.
Field of Links:
— Here’s a random dose of cuteness: Happy baby piglets!
Play of the Day: Check out this unreal golf shot.
Why do rappers need signature shoes? Drake is apparently partnering with Team Jordan.
That sure escalated quickly: An elderly ASU fan kicked a young man in the face.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabbing on BART Train Shuts Down South Hayward Station
- City Settles Civil Rights Suit Filed by Palo Alto Man
- PG&E to Shut Off Power in 18 Counties, Three in Bay Area
- Kings' accumulated depth paying dividends as team creeps back to .500
- Bogdan Bogdanovic catches fire as Kings stay hot, finish off win over Suns
- List: School Closures Due to PG&E Power Shutoffs
- Bumping is Back: More Passengers Booted from Flights
- Warriors' hard work finally 'rewarded' with skid-busting win in Memphis
- Shot of the Game: Bogdan Bogdanovic drains 3-pointer for new scoring high
- Sharks' 6-Game Win Streak Snapped by Oilers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|