Dec 6, 2013, 9:36 AM PDT
Giving Candlestick Park a proper farewell is becoming a very pricey proposition for San Francisco 49ers fans. According to SeatGeek.com, there is a record demand for the final two games at “The Stick.”
The site’s research shows that fans have paid an average of $414 for a ticket to Sunday’s rivalry game against the Seattle Seahawks. The demand for that game is over four times higher than it was when those teams last met in San Francisco. Fans paid as much as $1,400 for a field level ticket on the 50-yard line and nosebleed seats are currently going for $300 online.
Tickets for the Dec. 23, Monday night game against the Atlanta Falcons are already selling for an average of $296, which is the third-highest average seen since SeatGeek started tracking the data in 2009. Prices are expected to steadily rise for what will likely be the final game at Candlestick Park as the game gets closer.
– The San Jose Sharks played a pretty funny prank on Tyler Kennedy before taking on his former team. Unfortunately, it wasn’t all laughs as the Pittsburgh Penguins snapped the Sharks’ six-game winning streak. The highlight package below begins with video of the prank.
– As Robinson Cano and Jay Z negotiated with the Seattle Mariners on a reported 10-year, $240 million deal, fans wreaked havoc on his Wikipedia page. Cano played for the A’s, Astros, and even the Oakland Raiders at times last night. Always double check stuff found on Wikipedia.
Time for factually accurate links.
Field of Links:
– WORTH YOUR TIME: USA Today put together a list of Nelson Mandela’s 15 best quotes.
– OOPS: This unfortunate graphics mistake went viral. Templates can create havoc during breaking news situations, but why would Alex Rodriguez be in a Detroit news station’s template?
– TAKE NOTES KANYE: This is how wedding proposals are supposed to be done.
– WEIRD CLICK OF THE DAY: What some NFL quarterbacks would look like if they were bald. Here’s a sample:
He even got Ken Jeong to play along!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Orioles' Bud Norris loves the 49ers and Warriors
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Morning Minute: Giants sign Uggla, win; A's eye Astros; summer Kings
- McCallum ignites Kings to Summer League title
- Bronzed Bonds should go in Giants' dugout next to Bochy
- Rewind: Traveling companions Kontos, Duvall save Giants
- Instant Replay: Pence, Duvall rally Giants for win in Philly
- Inside Pitch: What it means for Giants with Matt Cain on DL
- Giants notes: Giants take flier on Dan Uggla, Belt to 7-day DL
- Sterling may be forced to sell Clippers to pay debts
- Giants 'don't know' how long inflamed elbow will sideline Cain
- Giants lineup: Scutaro starts second straight, Duvall at first
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|