Dec 6, 2013, 11:31 PM PDT
Would you jump into the frigid Winter waters of the San Francisco Bay to show how committed you are to your job? Don’t answer that.
On Saturday, Patricia Wilson, the executive director of Make-A-Wish Bay Area is going to take the plunge to help raise money for her organization. San Francisco Giants starting pitcher Matt Cain and his wife, Chelsea, have offered to match up to $50,000 of the money raised by her efforts.
Stuff like the amazing Bat Kid day in San Francisco doesn’t happen without these kinds of thoughtful donations, and the citizens of the Bay Area have a good opportunity to help Make-A-Wish raise the funds to help other kids that really need a distraction from whatever tough hand their dealt.
Wilson has already raised $11,700 with just one day left in her charity drive. You can help her meet her fundraising goal by clicking here.
If she’s willing to jump into bone-chilling waters, and the Cains are willing to match your donations, why not help? Besides, she’ll probably Tweet funny pictures.
UPDATE: Patricia has completed her plunge into the Bay. There’s still time to donate, though. She looks cold, but happy.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Watt has surgery, expected to miss rest of season
- Wild Card Watch: Cards top Reds on Molina's disputed double
- Canada closes out Europe with seconds left, wins World Cup
- Lady Gaga will perform during Super Bowl 51 halftime show
- NFL Byte of the Week: Hyde's bond with Cowboys' Elliott
- Giants lineup: No changes behind Cueto in finale vs Rockies
- A's lineup: Semien retakes lead-off spot; Davis cleanup, DH
- Nieto entering what could be make-or-break year with Sharks
- Days from reinstatement, Josh Gordon entering rehab
- Kuiper: Going 2-2 over final four games might not be enough
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|