Dec 6, 2013, 11:31 PM PDT
Would you jump into the frigid Winter waters of the San Francisco Bay to show how committed you are to your job? Don’t answer that.
On Saturday, Patricia Wilson, the executive director of Make-A-Wish Bay Area is going to take the plunge to help raise money for her organization. San Francisco Giants starting pitcher Matt Cain and his wife, Chelsea, have offered to match up to $50,000 of the money raised by her efforts.
Stuff like the amazing Bat Kid day in San Francisco doesn’t happen without these kinds of thoughtful donations, and the citizens of the Bay Area have a good opportunity to help Make-A-Wish raise the funds to help other kids that really need a distraction from whatever tough hand their dealt.
Wilson has already raised $11,700 with just one day left in her charity drive. You can help her meet her fundraising goal by clicking here.
If she’s willing to jump into bone-chilling waters, and the Cains are willing to match your donations, why not help? Besides, she’ll probably Tweet funny pictures.
UPDATE: Patricia has completed her plunge into the Bay. There’s still time to donate, though. She looks cold, but happy.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr explains how Steph Curry has to be better in particular area
- NBA rumors: Kawhi Leonard's teammates think Lakers or Clippers will land star
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Why Raiders will play five straight games away from home in 2019 season
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
- Tempers flare as Giants' bats go quiet in loss to Nationals
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|