Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics are offering fans a chance to join their front office for a day. If you eat, sleep, bleed, and breath orange and black, you could actually have a meal with San Francisco Giants first baseman Brandon Belt.
If you want to do anything special with your favorite baseball team or its players, you have to go through the public-relations director. With that in mind, Major League Baseball has enlisted its 30 P.R. bosses for a second annual Stand Up To Cancer auction.
Each MLB team is offering up unprecedented access and experiences. The auction started on Monday, at the same time as the Winter Meetings, and will continue until Thursday, when the meetings ends.
The A’s are also offering a behind-the-scenes tour during Spring Training, and a guitar jam session with starting pitcher A.J. Griffin. In addition to a chance to dine with Belt, the Giants are also offering up private fielding lessons with Brandon Crawford.
Last season, a fan paid $5,825 to have breakfast with Hunter Pence. That meal with the Giants’ outfielder became one of the top draws of the first version of this auction, which raised over $150,000 for Stand Up To Cancer.
Based on the unique nature of auction, it’s one of the coolest fundraising promotions out there. It’s worth checking out. You can click each experiences below to track the progress.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Infant's Body Found Near San Francisco Golf Course: Police
- Why Farhan Zaidi chose Scott Harris as Giants' new general manager
- 49ers activate Garrett Celek, George Kittle likely out vs. Seahawks
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green returning to Warriors with aching finger, heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
- Former 49ers great Charles Haley tackles mental illness in HEADSTRONG
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|