Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are offering fans a chance to join their front office for a day. If you eat, sleep, bleed, and breath orange and black, you could actually have a meal with San Francisco Giants first baseman Brandon Belt.
If you want to do anything special with your favorite baseball team or its players, you have to go through the public-relations director. With that in mind, Major League Baseball has enlisted its 30 P.R. bosses for a second annual Stand Up To Cancer auction.
Each MLB team is offering up unprecedented access and experiences. The auction started on Monday, at the same time as the Winter Meetings, and will continue until Thursday, when the meetings ends.
The A’s are also offering a behind-the-scenes tour during Spring Training, and a guitar jam session with starting pitcher A.J. Griffin. In addition to a chance to dine with Belt, the Giants are also offering up private fielding lessons with Brandon Crawford.
Last season, a fan paid $5,825 to have breakfast with Hunter Pence. That meal with the Giants’ outfielder became one of the top draws of the first version of this auction, which raised over $150,000 for Stand Up To Cancer.
Based on the unique nature of auction, it’s one of the coolest fundraising promotions out there. It’s worth checking out. You can click each experiences below to track the progress.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr explains how Steph Curry has to be better in particular area
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Why Raiders will play five straight games away from home in 2019 season
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
- Tempers flare as Giants' bats go quiet in loss to Nationals
- Corbin Earns 1st Win With Nationals, Beats Giants 4-2
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|