Dec 9, 2013, 1:50 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are offering fans a chance to join their front office for a day. If you eat, sleep, bleed, and breath orange and black, you could actually have a meal with San Francisco Giants first baseman Brandon Belt.
If you want to do anything special with your favorite baseball team or its players, you have to go through the public-relations director. With that in mind, Major League Baseball has enlisted its 30 P.R. bosses for a second annual Stand Up To Cancer auction.
Each MLB team is offering up unprecedented access and experiences. The auction started on Monday, at the same time as the Winter Meetings, and will continue until Thursday, when the meetings ends.
The A’s are also offering a behind-the-scenes tour during Spring Training, and a guitar jam session with starting pitcher A.J. Griffin. In addition to a chance to dine with Belt, the Giants are also offering up private fielding lessons with Brandon Crawford.
Last season, a fan paid $5,825 to have breakfast with Hunter Pence. That meal with the Giants’ outfielder became one of the top draws of the first version of this auction, which raised over $150,000 for Stand Up To Cancer.
Based on the unique nature of auction, it’s one of the coolest fundraising promotions out there. It’s worth checking out. You can click each experiences below to track the progress.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Taking a closer look at Ryan's criticism of Shanahan
- Grace had 'no idea' his 62 was lowest in a major
- Johnny's call: Grace's 62 'sweet,' course 'really easy'
- Live blog, The Open: Day 3 at Royal Birkdale
- Grace becomes first man to shoot 62 in a major
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- Highlights: Brandon Crawford starts game with smooth backhand gem
- Headed for 100 losses, Giants quietly give up on "Don't Stop Believin'" tradition
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways as Giants lose marathon in extras to Padres
- Odd Reason Postpones Shoreline Amphitheatre Concert
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|