Dec 9, 2013, 12:42 PM PDT
Candlestick Park seats are now available to the general public, just in time for the holiday season. Don’t expect the seats to arrive by Christmas, though. The 49ers will still need them for the Dec. 23, game against the Atlanta Falcons.
The seats cost $749 per pair and can be purchased online right now.
49ers season ticket holders were allowed to start buying their seats on Nov. 5, for a discounted rate of $649 per pair. Fans can buy up to eight seats, and they are expected to ship in December of 2014.
The 49ers have called Candlestick Park home since 1971, and the stadium originally cost $15 million to build. At $749 per pair, the team would only have to sell 21,000 pairs to recoup the entire construction cost of their old home. The team is donating proceeds to the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department youth programs instead.
New seats are already being installed in the 49ers’ new home, Levi’s Stadium, which is expected to be ready well in advance of the 2014 NFL season. The construction of Levi’s Stadium is expected to cost $1.2 billion.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 8 Injured in Muni Bus Crash in SF's Castro District
- Site for New Morgan Hill Elementary School Contaminated
- Dad Applauds Insurance Coverage Amid Health Care Battle
- Unlike Warriors, Cubs decide to go to White House; Maddon explains choice
- Shelter in Place Ordered as Belmont Police Search for Robber
- Compromise Reached in Castro Valley Caged Birds Case
- Palo Alto Leaders Consider Big Jump in Cost of Parking
- Parents Angry About Reporting Lapse in Case of SJ Swim Coach
- Sen. Feinstein Sends Rallying Cry For Marine Sanctuaries
- Top pick Heliot Ramos visits AT&T Park, will start Giants career this weekend
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|