Dec 9, 2013, 12:42 PM PDT
Candlestick Park seats are now available to the general public, just in time for the holiday season. Don’t expect the seats to arrive by Christmas, though. The 49ers will still need them for the Dec. 23, game against the Atlanta Falcons.
The seats cost $749 per pair and can be purchased online right now.
49ers season ticket holders were allowed to start buying their seats on Nov. 5, for a discounted rate of $649 per pair. Fans can buy up to eight seats, and they are expected to ship in December of 2014.
The 49ers have called Candlestick Park home since 1971, and the stadium originally cost $15 million to build. At $749 per pair, the team would only have to sell 21,000 pairs to recoup the entire construction cost of their old home. The team is donating proceeds to the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department youth programs instead.
New seats are already being installed in the 49ers’ new home, Levi’s Stadium, which is expected to be ready well in advance of the 2014 NFL season. The construction of Levi’s Stadium is expected to cost $1.2 billion.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|