Dec 10, 2013, 9:43 AM PST
A Los Angeles man was arrested on felony eavesdropping charges after recording prank phone calls that offered jobs to Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson, California Golden Bears coach Sonny Dykes, NBC football analyst Tony Dungy, and several other coaches.
The prankster called at least a dozen coaches and offered several different high-profile jobs. Hopefully he doesn’t have phone privileges in jail.
— Stanford Cardinal fans will be able to hop in a car and head south for the Rose Bowl on New Year’s Day. It’s a much more costly trip for Michigan State Spartans fans. With that in mind, the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union is offering a special “Bowl Loan” to help cash-strapped students.
— The Winter Meetings are underway and the rumor mill is churning. Oakland Athletics pitcher Brett Anderson has been linked to several trade reports, but that hasn’t stifled his dry sense of humor.
Field of Links:
Sorry single fellas: Alex Morgan is off the market. Congrats to the happy couple!
— Strangest story of the day: Magglio Ordonez is now the mayor of a socialist city in Venezuela.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|