Dec 10, 2013, 9:43 AM PDT
A Los Angeles man was arrested on felony eavesdropping charges after recording prank phone calls that offered jobs to Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson, California Golden Bears coach Sonny Dykes, NBC football analyst Tony Dungy, and several other coaches.
The prankster called at least a dozen coaches and offered several different high-profile jobs. Hopefully he doesn’t have phone privileges in jail.
— Stanford Cardinal fans will be able to hop in a car and head south for the Rose Bowl on New Year’s Day. It’s a much more costly trip for Michigan State Spartans fans. With that in mind, the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union is offering a special “Bowl Loan” to help cash-strapped students.
— The Winter Meetings are underway and the rumor mill is churning. Oakland Athletics pitcher Brett Anderson has been linked to several trade reports, but that hasn’t stifled his dry sense of humor.
Field of Links:
Sorry single fellas: Alex Morgan is off the market. Congrats to the happy couple!
— Strangest story of the day: Magglio Ordonez is now the mayor of a socialist city in Venezuela.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A case of the Mondays: Flying clotheslines, raccoons and funny faces. Football is back!
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Get to know Tim Hudson: Career timeline
- Mitch Richmond is having trouble selling his mansion
- CA Trump Supporters Celebrate Payoff of Fundraising Efforts
- What Sharks like about way they are playing despite loss to Sabres
- Sharks' three-game winning streak ends with tough 4-3 loss to Sabres
- Shot of the Game: Sharks' Marcus Sorensen redirects tying goal vs. Sabres
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in streak-snapping 4-3 loss to Sabres
- Marcus Sorensen's second goal of season ties game with Sabres, 3-3
- Sabres' goal vs. Sharks waved off, then deemed good by replay review
- Sharks icon Arturs Irbe reflects on his journey to NHL
- Video Shows Coach Stop Possible School Shooting With Hug
- Watch ex-49ers assistant Keanon Lowe disarm gunman at Portland school
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|