Dec 10, 2013, 9:43 AM PDT
A Los Angeles man was arrested on felony eavesdropping charges after recording prank phone calls that offered jobs to Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson, California Golden Bears coach Sonny Dykes, NBC football analyst Tony Dungy, and several other coaches.
The prankster called at least a dozen coaches and offered several different high-profile jobs. Hopefully he doesn’t have phone privileges in jail.
— Stanford Cardinal fans will be able to hop in a car and head south for the Rose Bowl on New Year’s Day. It’s a much more costly trip for Michigan State Spartans fans. With that in mind, the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union is offering a special “Bowl Loan” to help cash-strapped students.
— The Winter Meetings are underway and the rumor mill is churning. Oakland Athletics pitcher Brett Anderson has been linked to several trade reports, but that hasn’t stifled his dry sense of humor.
Field of Links:
Sorry single fellas: Alex Morgan is off the market. Congrats to the happy couple!
— Strangest story of the day: Magglio Ordonez is now the mayor of a socialist city in Venezuela.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ranking top 5 Raiders needs heading into the 2019 NFL Draft
- Giants vs. Pirates lineups: Derek Holland takes hill against NL's top team
- Tesla Wants to Cut Size of Board From 11 Directors to 7
- Body Found in Bay ID'd as Man Who Went Missing in Pacifica
- Pirates call-up a reminder that Giants waited too long to change
- A's vs. Blue Jays lineups: Mike Fiers takes ball in Game 2 of series
- NFL draft rumors: Cardinals will not take Kyler Murray with No. 1 pick
- Jimmy Garoppolo opens up about work he did with Mike Shanahan
- Lowry holds one-shot lead halfway through rainy RBC Heritage
- Phenom Bhatia, 17, makes Web.com Tour cut in Alabama
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|