Dec 10, 2013, 3:53 PM PDT
The annual Major League Baseball Winter Meetings seem very interesting. In reality, it’s a bunch of reporters and executives waiting around in a hotel lobby. During a patch of downtime during the meetings, our friends at HardballTalk decided to rank MLB’s managers by handsomeness. As Brad Pitt asks in Moneyball, “How can you not get romantic about baseball?”
Well-respected writer Craig Calcaterra took the monumental task upon himself, and even included analysis of each skipper in his rankings.
A’s manager Bob Melvin landed No. 10 on the list. Here’s what Calcaterra wrote about putting Melvin in the top 10:
His boss was played by Brad Pitt in a movie, yet Melvin is better looking than his boss. That’s just truth.
Meanwhile, he has Giants manager Bruce Bochy ranked No. 27 out of the 30 managers.
Look at THAT unfortunate class picture. But even though he’s come a long way, let us not pretend he didn’t have a long way to go. But you know what they call a less-than-handsome man with two World Series rings? That’s right: a champion. Don’t let anyone tell you any differently, Bruce.
Of course, these rankings are intentionally ridiculous. The fact that he took the time to really dig deep, and do some serious research, makes the story a very clickable item. Check out the entire list, and see which managers ranked first and worst.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|