Dec 10, 2013, 3:53 PM PST
The annual Major League Baseball Winter Meetings seem very interesting. In reality, it’s a bunch of reporters and executives waiting around in a hotel lobby. During a patch of downtime during the meetings, our friends at HardballTalk decided to rank MLB’s managers by handsomeness. As Brad Pitt asks in Moneyball, “How can you not get romantic about baseball?”
Well-respected writer Craig Calcaterra took the monumental task upon himself, and even included analysis of each skipper in his rankings.
A’s manager Bob Melvin landed No. 10 on the list. Here’s what Calcaterra wrote about putting Melvin in the top 10:
His boss was played by Brad Pitt in a movie, yet Melvin is better looking than his boss. That’s just truth.
Meanwhile, he has Giants manager Bruce Bochy ranked No. 27 out of the 30 managers.
Look at THAT unfortunate class picture. But even though he’s come a long way, let us not pretend he didn’t have a long way to go. But you know what they call a less-than-handsome man with two World Series rings? That’s right: a champion. Don’t let anyone tell you any differently, Bruce.
Of course, these rankings are intentionally ridiculous. The fact that he took the time to really dig deep, and do some serious research, makes the story a very clickable item. Check out the entire list, and see which managers ranked first and worst.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|