Dec 11, 2013, 9:22 AM PDT
The Seattle Seahawks are currently in first place in the NFC West, and tied for the best record in the National Football League. That doesn’t impress 49ers running back Frank Gore. In a live interview with NFL Network, Gore claimed the 49ers’ 19-17 win over the Seahawks on Sunday was a reminder that they’re “still the big dogs in the division.”
This comes after Seahawks players chose not to compliment the 49ers after their win on Sunday. Could this rivalry get any better? Technically, the 49ers are the reigning NFC West Champions until the season ends, but they would have to win out and hope the Seahawks lose every remaining game to stop Seattle from winning the division.
— You better post up, you better not foul, you better not travel, I’m telling you why… Cousins Claus is coming to town.
Check out Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins in a Santa suit and Air Jordans. Cousins spent Tuesday night on a holiday shopping spree with 100 under privileged kids. He may be naughty on the court, but Cousins is definitely nice for this gesture.
— The San Jose Sharks blew a two-goal lead and lost to the New York Islanders in a shootout. Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz says they have a serious flaw in their game and explains what they need to fix to be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.
— Some guy flew a drone mounted with a high-definition camera over Levi’s Stadium. The bird’s eye view is pretty awesome. Oh, hey, isn’t that the 49ers’ practice field next door? *cartoon light bulb pings over Bill Belichick’s head*
— The Oakland Raiders may have their first 1,000-yard receiver since 2005, writes Scott Bair. How Rod Streater went from an undrafted free agent to a guy that’s close to reaching a mark last set by Randy Moss in Oakland.
— Former A’s and Cardinals pitcher Mark Mulder wants to make a comeback. He probably saw how much money Scott Kazmir got from the A’s. Now the San Francisco Giants can finally find a way to roster the final member of the “Big Three.”
Field of Links:
— BEST VIDEO OF THE DAY: Two dudes made a real-life version of Mario Kart.
— Danica Patrick dressed as a showgirl during the American Country Awards, because what’s more country than showgirls?
— This video is going to go viral: Watch this high school kid hit an epic behind the back shot before running out of the gym.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|