Dec 11, 2013, 9:22 AM PST
The Seattle Seahawks are currently in first place in the NFC West, and tied for the best record in the National Football League. That doesn’t impress 49ers running back Frank Gore. In a live interview with NFL Network, Gore claimed the 49ers’ 19-17 win over the Seahawks on Sunday was a reminder that they’re “still the big dogs in the division.”
This comes after Seahawks players chose not to compliment the 49ers after their win on Sunday. Could this rivalry get any better? Technically, the 49ers are the reigning NFC West Champions until the season ends, but they would have to win out and hope the Seahawks lose every remaining game to stop Seattle from winning the division.
— You better post up, you better not foul, you better not travel, I’m telling you why… Cousins Claus is coming to town.
Check out Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins in a Santa suit and Air Jordans. Cousins spent Tuesday night on a holiday shopping spree with 100 under privileged kids. He may be naughty on the court, but Cousins is definitely nice for this gesture.
— The San Jose Sharks blew a two-goal lead and lost to the New York Islanders in a shootout. Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz says they have a serious flaw in their game and explains what they need to fix to be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.
— Some guy flew a drone mounted with a high-definition camera over Levi’s Stadium. The bird’s eye view is pretty awesome. Oh, hey, isn’t that the 49ers’ practice field next door? *cartoon light bulb pings over Bill Belichick’s head*
— The Oakland Raiders may have their first 1,000-yard receiver since 2005, writes Scott Bair. How Rod Streater went from an undrafted free agent to a guy that’s close to reaching a mark last set by Randy Moss in Oakland.
— Former A’s and Cardinals pitcher Mark Mulder wants to make a comeback. He probably saw how much money Scott Kazmir got from the A’s. Now the San Francisco Giants can finally find a way to roster the final member of the “Big Three.”
Field of Links:
— BEST VIDEO OF THE DAY: Two dudes made a real-life version of Mario Kart.
— Danica Patrick dressed as a showgirl during the American Country Awards, because what’s more country than showgirls?
— This video is going to go viral: Watch this high school kid hit an epic behind the back shot before running out of the gym.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Return of Ellis Has Boosted Raiders' Run Defense
- Wal-Mart Theft Suspects Crash Vehicle After Police Pursuit
- David West believes Kevin Durant will play for Warriors next season
- NBA Power Rankings 2018-19: Warriors not best in West; Kings crack top 15
- NBA Power Rankings 2018-19: Warriors not best in West; Kings top 15
- Power Restored for Thousands in East San Jose: PG&E
- The Joe Show Is Still Getting Great Reviews
- The Raiders Insider Podcast: Michael Lombardi
- Ask Kerith: How DeMarcus Cousins will assimilate to Warriors' offense
- Untended Cooking Causes Fire at Concord Apartment
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|