Dec 11, 2013, 4:40 PM PST
When the Oakland Athletics pulled the trigger on a trade sending left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins to the Washington Nationals, they effectively traded away their longest tenured player, their player’s union representative, and one of their best tweeters.
Here’s the proof:
Blevins spent seven season pitching for the A’s. He had a 3.31 ERA in 281 appearances, which clearly kept him too busy to learn how to use photoshop.
In exchange for Blevins, the A’s received the Nationals’ minor league player of the year, Billy Burns. The switch-hitting, 24-year-old prospect stole 74 bases during the 2013 season.
(Artist’s rendering of how A’s fans likely reacted to seeing Blevins’ tweet)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fairfield Woman's Good Deed Takes a Turn For the Worse
- NBC Bay Area Makes Donation To Forgive $1.5M in Medical Debt
- SJ Police Investigating Abuse Reporting at Presentation High
- Juveniles Drag Passenger Off Train, Steal iPhone: BART
- Student Planned to Harm Classmates at Elementary School: PD
- BART Releases Bodycam Video From Officer-Involved Shooting
- Oakland Man Missing in Frigid Wilderness of Yosemite
- Jordan Bell scrimmages with Warriors, inches closer to return
- Steve Kerr 'amazed' by activism of Florida survivors fighting for change
- Steve Kerr applauds 'heroic' Florida teens for using their voice
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|