Dec 11, 2013, 4:40 PM PST
When the Oakland Athletics pulled the trigger on a trade sending left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins to the Washington Nationals, they effectively traded away their longest tenured player, their player’s union representative, and one of their best tweeters.
Here’s the proof:
Blevins spent seven season pitching for the A’s. He had a 3.31 ERA in 281 appearances, which clearly kept him too busy to learn how to use photoshop.
In exchange for Blevins, the A’s received the Nationals’ minor league player of the year, Billy Burns. The switch-hitting, 24-year-old prospect stole 74 bases during the 2013 season.
(Artist’s rendering of how A’s fans likely reacted to seeing Blevins’ tweet)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Watch Steph Curry's mother, Sonya, make underhanded half-court shot
- Raiders discussions with Oakland Coliseum progressing, resolution could come soon
- Do Stephen, Seth Curry have a wager for who wins the 3-Point Contest?
- Visit Bend!
- UPS Driver Purposely Drove Slow, Over Spikes in Pursuit
- Andre Iguodala 'loves being that guy' to people rude to Steph Curry
- Bruce Bochy says Steven Duggar will get look as Giants' leadoff hitter
- Giants continue discussing trade options as they wait for Bryce Harper
- Kings quartet looks to make big splash at 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend
- Report: Giants agree to minor league deal with veteran outfielder Craig Gentry
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|