Dec 11, 2013, 4:40 PM PDT
When the Oakland Athletics pulled the trigger on a trade sending left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins to the Washington Nationals, they effectively traded away their longest tenured player, their player’s union representative, and one of their best tweeters.
Here’s the proof:
Blevins spent seven season pitching for the A’s. He had a 3.31 ERA in 281 appearances, which clearly kept him too busy to learn how to use photoshop.
In exchange for Blevins, the A’s received the Nationals’ minor league player of the year, Billy Burns. The switch-hitting, 24-year-old prospect stole 74 bases during the 2013 season.
(Artist’s rendering of how A’s fans likely reacted to seeing Blevins’ tweet)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 8 Injured in Muni Bus Crash in SF's Castro District
- Site for New Morgan Hill Elementary School Contaminated
- Dad Applauds Insurance Coverage Amid Health Care Battle
- Unlike Warriors, Cubs decide to go to White House; Maddon explains choice
- Shelter in Place Ordered as Belmont Police Search for Robber
- Compromise Reached in Castro Valley Caged Birds Case
- Palo Alto Leaders Consider Big Jump in Cost of Parking
- Parents Angry About Reporting Lapse in Case of SJ Swim Coach
- Sen. Feinstein Sends Rallying Cry For Marine Sanctuaries
- Top pick Heliot Ramos visits AT&T Park, will start Giants career this weekend
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|