Dec 11, 2013, 4:40 PM PDT
When the Oakland Athletics pulled the trigger on a trade sending left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins to the Washington Nationals, they effectively traded away their longest tenured player, their player’s union representative, and one of their best tweeters.
Here’s the proof:
Blevins spent seven season pitching for the A’s. He had a 3.31 ERA in 281 appearances, which clearly kept him too busy to learn how to use photoshop.
In exchange for Blevins, the A’s received the Nationals’ minor league player of the year, Billy Burns. The switch-hitting, 24-year-old prospect stole 74 bases during the 2013 season.
(Artist’s rendering of how A’s fans likely reacted to seeing Blevins’ tweet)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Remains of Woman Who Disappeared While Shopping Identified
- SFO Travelers To and From London React to Terror Attack
- iCloud Hacked, 200M iPhone Users' Data in Danger: Report
- High School Investigates Alleged Cyberbullying Incident
- Anderson Dam Seismic Vulnerability Concerns Nearby Residents
- Tow Truck Crashes Into Hwy. 101 Divider in SF, Injuring One
- Tyreke Evans: I play best with the ball in my hands
- Highlights: Kings can't keep up with athletic Bucks
- Joerger: Kings big man Cauley-Stein getting closer with more experience
- Can Skal see himself as an Antetokounmpo in the future?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|