Dec 12, 2013, 2:16 PM PDT
Golden State Warriors fan Brent Kawaguchi was ordered to give a presentation on stage in front of his co-workers. Slightly nervous, he sat in front of the entire staff at the San Francisco offices of Kabam, an online gaming company, and picked up the microphone.
It wasn’t the nerves that had him speechless. Shortly after beginning, Warriors guard Andre Iguodala walked into the office and took the stage with him. The look on his face was priceless, and he had a big grin until Iguodala told him that he was fired. Fortunately, the NBA star was kidding, and he gave Kawaguchi a bag containing season tickets.
After a successful 2012-2013 season that ended with a trip to the playoffs, the Warriors have sold all of the available season ticket packages. Iguodala bought the final pair so he could give them away. The team held a contest for Iguodala’s tickets and Kawaguchi was the lucky winner. There is currently a waiting list with over 800 members for Warriors season tickets for the 2014-2015 season.
The Warriors are 13-10 this season, and currently in third place in the Pacific Division. Iguodala has missed the last 10 games with a strained left hamstring. The Warriors are 5-5 since the injury occurred.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Pence doubles in third rehab game with River Cats
- Venus Williams reaches Bank of the West final, will face Konta
- D'backs' Hale vows 'retribution' if teams keep hitting Segura
- White Sox send Sale home after 'clubhouse incident'
- WNBA rescinds fines for players' pregame protests
- Brock, Ward top list of 49ers' cover men entering 2016
- Bengals cut ex-49ers, Raiders safety Taylor Mays
- A's lineup: Reddick scratched due to back soreness
- POLL: Who will lead Team USA Basketball in scoring in Rio?
- Rice likes Gabbert's confidence: 'He really has excelled a lot'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|