Dec 12, 2013, 2:16 PM PDT
Golden State Warriors fan Brent Kawaguchi was ordered to give a presentation on stage in front of his co-workers. Slightly nervous, he sat in front of the entire staff at the San Francisco offices of Kabam, an online gaming company, and picked up the microphone.
It wasn’t the nerves that had him speechless. Shortly after beginning, Warriors guard Andre Iguodala walked into the office and took the stage with him. The look on his face was priceless, and he had a big grin until Iguodala told him that he was fired. Fortunately, the NBA star was kidding, and he gave Kawaguchi a bag containing season tickets.
After a successful 2012-2013 season that ended with a trip to the playoffs, the Warriors have sold all of the available season ticket packages. Iguodala bought the final pair so he could give them away. The team held a contest for Iguodala’s tickets and Kawaguchi was the lucky winner. There is currently a waiting list with over 800 members for Warriors season tickets for the 2014-2015 season.
The Warriors are 13-10 this season, and currently in third place in the Pacific Division. Iguodala has missed the last 10 games with a strained left hamstring. The Warriors are 5-5 since the injury occurred.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NL West Watch: Dodgers score 14, magic number at one
- Stanford holds on for wild last-second win over UCLA
- Wild Card Watch: Mets rally falls short in loss to Phillies
- With Del Rio's son out, Gators' win streak over Vols snapped
- Dell gets a chance to secure Sharks' backup job
- 49ers Mailbag: When will offense speed up?
- Ex-starter Wilhoite remains ready if called to play defense
- Sandoval 'well ahead of schedule,' could return for playoffs
- Giants lineup: Belt moves to top, Pagan moved down vs Padres
- Chargers promote former 49ers TE to active roster
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|