Dec 12, 2013, 3:15 PM PDT
The San Francisco Giants had an aha! moment when they chose to take on outfielder Michael Morse. The right-handed slugger might add more than one kind of pop to the Giants, because he brings along a radical ’80s walk-up song.
Morse, 31, was part of a memorable moment during the 2012 postseason as a member of the Washington Nationals. After stepping to the plate to the song “Take on Me“ by A-ha, Nationals fans started singing along. The fan movement became a national story when over 40,000 fans serenaded Morse before an at-bat against the St. Louis Cardinals during the National League Division Series.
He responded with a single.
After much deliberation, Morse chose to continue using the song when he was traded to the Seattle Mariners, and he kept using it as a member of the Baltimore Orioles. He even sang the song on MLB Network.
Morse should fit in quite well with the Giants. The fans at AT&T Park pack the house for every game and they love a good opportunity to sing and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Latest round of bullpen auditions go poorly in Giants' 50th loss
- Highlights: Giants rookie Ryder Jones shows off his glove in MLB debut
- Is it officially audition time for Giants' young players? Bochy answers
- Bochy: Based on performances, Cueto 'should have a couple (more) wins here'
- Giants Fall to Mets in Cueto-deGrom Battle
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways from Giants' 50th loss of the season
- San Francisco to Blow Kisses to the World From Pink Triangle
- San Francisco Luminous in Rainbow Colors for Pride 2017
- Does Draymond still care about DPOY after another ring? 'At this point...'
- Draymond explains why he doesn't care about DPOY award anymore
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|