Dec 12, 2013, 3:15 PM PDT
The San Francisco Giants had an aha! moment when they chose to take on outfielder Michael Morse. The right-handed slugger might add more than one kind of pop to the Giants, because he brings along a radical ’80s walk-up song.
Morse, 31, was part of a memorable moment during the 2012 postseason as a member of the Washington Nationals. After stepping to the plate to the song “Take on Me“ by A-ha, Nationals fans started singing along. The fan movement became a national story when over 40,000 fans serenaded Morse before an at-bat against the St. Louis Cardinals during the National League Division Series.
He responded with a single.
After much deliberation, Morse chose to continue using the song when he was traded to the Seattle Mariners, and he kept using it as a member of the Baltimore Orioles. He even sang the song on MLB Network.
Morse should fit in quite well with the Giants. The fans at AT&T Park pack the house for every game and they love a good opportunity to sing and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr explains how Steph Curry has to be better in particular area
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- A closer look at why 2019 Raiders will play five straight away from home
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
- Tempers flare as Giants' bats go quiet in loss to Nationals
- Corbin Earns 1st Win With Nationals, Beats Giants 4-2
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|