Dec 12, 2013, 3:15 PM PDT
The San Francisco Giants had an aha! moment when they chose to take on outfielder Michael Morse. The right-handed slugger might add more than one kind of pop to the Giants, because he brings along a radical ’80s walk-up song.
Morse, 31, was part of a memorable moment during the 2012 postseason as a member of the Washington Nationals. After stepping to the plate to the song “Take on Me“ by A-ha, Nationals fans started singing along. The fan movement became a national story when over 40,000 fans serenaded Morse before an at-bat against the St. Louis Cardinals during the National League Division Series.
He responded with a single.
After much deliberation, Morse chose to continue using the song when he was traded to the Seattle Mariners, and he kept using it as a member of the Baltimore Orioles. He even sang the song on MLB Network.
Morse should fit in quite well with the Giants. The fans at AT&T Park pack the house for every game and they love a good opportunity to sing and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|