Dec 12, 2013, 3:15 PM PDT
The San Francisco Giants had an aha! moment when they chose to take on outfielder Michael Morse. The right-handed slugger might add more than one kind of pop to the Giants, because he brings along a radical ’80s walk-up song.
Morse, 31, was part of a memorable moment during the 2012 postseason as a member of the Washington Nationals. After stepping to the plate to the song “Take on Me“ by A-ha, Nationals fans started singing along. The fan movement became a national story when over 40,000 fans serenaded Morse before an at-bat against the St. Louis Cardinals during the National League Division Series.
He responded with a single.
After much deliberation, Morse chose to continue using the song when he was traded to the Seattle Mariners, and he kept using it as a member of the Baltimore Orioles. He even sang the song on MLB Network.
Morse should fit in quite well with the Giants. The fans at AT&T Park pack the house for every game and they love a good opportunity to sing and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- The three things you need to know from 49ers' 41-39 loss vs Rams
- Bay Area Man Hits $3 Million Jackpot on Lottery Scratcher
- Politicians Accept Thousands From Donors With Extremist Ties
- Earthquake Preparedness: 'It's Not a Question of If'
- Rescue Efforts Continue in Mexico City Following Earthquake
- Mexico Quakes Offer Warning for California's Preparedness
- 49ers Fall Short Against Rams on 'Thursday Night Football'
- Carlos Hyde: 49ers 'capable of winning whole lot of games'
- What happened on 49ers' failed two-point conversion?
- Shanahan: After frustrating final, 'proud' of 49ers' fight vs Rams
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard stopped…|