Dec 12, 2013, 3:15 PM PST
The San Francisco Giants had an aha! moment when they chose to take on outfielder Michael Morse. The right-handed slugger might add more than one kind of pop to the Giants, because he brings along a radical ’80s walk-up song.
Morse, 31, was part of a memorable moment during the 2012 postseason as a member of the Washington Nationals. After stepping to the plate to the song “Take on Me“ by A-ha, Nationals fans started singing along. The fan movement became a national story when over 40,000 fans serenaded Morse before an at-bat against the St. Louis Cardinals during the National League Division Series.
He responded with a single.
After much deliberation, Morse chose to continue using the song when he was traded to the Seattle Mariners, and he kept using it as a member of the Baltimore Orioles. He even sang the song on MLB Network.
Morse should fit in quite well with the Giants. The fans at AT&T Park pack the house for every game and they love a good opportunity to sing and dance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Couture Scores Two as Sharks Blank Wild For 5th Straight Win
- Shot of the Game: Lukas Radil finds Logan Couture with beautiful feed
- 49ers' DeForest Buckner snubbed from Pro Bowl, and that's ridiculous
- San Francisco Mayor Requests Brother's Early Release
- Joe Pavelski doubles Sharks lead vs. Wild thanks to sweet Tomas Hertl setup
- Logan Couture buries Lukas Radil's pass to put Sharks on the board vs. Wild
- Logan Couture caps off crazy passing sequence with second goal vs. Wild
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 4-0 win vs. Wild as streak hits five
- Tesla Model S Catches Fire in Los Gatos: Fire Dept.
- 9 New Affordable Housing Developments Slated For South Bay
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|