Dec 16, 2013, 4:00 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics quest to build a new stadium seems to get more complicated and confusing by the day. That’s an impressive statement when considering they’ve been exploring options for over a decade.
While San Jose sues Major League Baseball, Oakland continues to dream up new concepts, and Fremont fades into distant memory, the only thing getting complete are artist renderings. So. Many. Renderings.
On the bright side, they are fun to look at and dream that someday, in our lifetime, a new stadium will be built. The most recent option is a waterfront ballpark in Oakland. But that vision is just one of the many ideas that have been kicked around. Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Shall we?
Downtown Oakland A’s by HOK Sport (2002):
Downtown Oakland A’s by 360 Architecture (2005):
Fremont A’s by 360 Architecture (2006):
San Jose A’s by 360 Architecture (2011):
Coliseum City by JVDA (2012):
Howard Terminal by MANICA Architecture (2013):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|