Dec 16, 2013, 4:00 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics quest to build a new stadium seems to get more complicated and confusing by the day. That’s an impressive statement when considering they’ve been exploring options for over a decade.
While San Jose sues Major League Baseball, Oakland continues to dream up new concepts, and Fremont fades into distant memory, the only thing getting complete are artist renderings. So. Many. Renderings.
On the bright side, they are fun to look at and dream that someday, in our lifetime, a new stadium will be built. The most recent option is a waterfront ballpark in Oakland. But that vision is just one of the many ideas that have been kicked around. Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Shall we?
Downtown Oakland A’s by HOK Sport (2002):
Downtown Oakland A’s by 360 Architecture (2005):
Fremont A’s by 360 Architecture (2006):
San Jose A’s by 360 Architecture (2011):
Coliseum City by JVDA (2012):
Howard Terminal by MANICA Architecture (2013):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|