Dec 17, 2013, 7:45 AM PDT
Tis the season for corny holiday videos. Many teams do them each year, but not as well as the San Jose Sharks. The latest Sharks Sports and Entertainment Holiday Card is the gift that keeps on giving. No, seriously, it’s over six minutes long and features several extra clips like the one featuring Patrick Marleau and Brent Burns above.
Some of the other highlights include: Tomas Hertl eating cookies at the kid’s table, Antti Niemi thinking a cactus is mistletoe, and Dan Boyle’s horrific comedy routine. But where are Joe Thornton and his pal Slappy? They don’t appear in the video at all.
Field of Links:
— Watch the Lakers fail miserably in their attempts to name all nine of Santa’s reindeer. I betcha’ the Sharks can name all of those reindeer. Just saying.
— Jose Canseco wants to be the next Texas Longhorns football coach. Don’t worry. This happens every time a coaching job opens up, except, this time it’s football. Surprisingly, the switch in sports doesn’t make the idea any weirder.
— Rob Gronkowski is out for the season, but the man still has to eat. Here he is riding a scooter in Whole Foods. Those things always look like fun until you have to use one.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|