Field of Links: Warriors fan wins free groceries for a year, Rudolph’s baseball-reference page, drunken elf arrested
Dec 18, 2013, 9:27 AM PDT
Things couldn’t have gone much better for the Golden State Warriors and their fans on Tuesday. The Warriors got a much-needed victory, Andre Iguodala returned, and it was Mark Jackson bobblehead night. Wait, it gets better. Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut also combined for this ridiculous alley-oop on an inbound pass.
But one of their fans walked out with something much more valuable than a plastic figurine and might have even upstaged Curry and Bogut. This guy won a year’s supply of groceries and all he had to do was hit a three-point shot from the top of the arc.
Rudolph’s stats are listed on the page, but the list of his similar players is a real treat: Rob Deer, J.T. Snow, Dasher Troy, Cupid Childs, Al Clauss, Steve Christmas, Matt Holliday, Holly Hollingshead, Frosty Thomas, and Ozzie Guillen. Brilliant. Time for a list of some links.
Field of Links:
— Sir “Bam Bam” street? San Francisco Giants hitting coach Hensley Meulens now has a street named after him in Curaçao.
— DISTURBING VIDEO OF THE DAY: The Minnesota Wild mascot donned a Green Man suit.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|