Dec 19, 2013, 4:45 PM PDT
There simply nothing boring and normal about San Francisco Giants right fielder Hunter Pence. With that in mind, the Giants marketing department had a great challenge on their hands when designing a Pence bobblehead.
To show the eccentric outfielder making an awkward dive, or taking a mighty hack at the plate would be much too easy. Maybe giving his figurine wide bobbling eyes would be a good touch? Nah. Too weird.
In the end, they knocked it out of the park with their design concept. On April 9, 40,000 fans in attendance will get this scooter-riding piece of plastic excellence.
Pence famously rides a motorized scooter to the ballpark before each home game. The scooter was made by Giants team chef Joe Day. Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Madison Bumgarner, and Brandon Belt are also members of the scooter-riding ranks.
Pence posted the scooter bobblehead on his Instagram account on Thursday. Providing a creative concept is just one of his many contributions to the Giants. He played in all 162 games last season and batted .283 while hitting 27 home runs and driving in 99 runs. He signed a five-year, $90 million deal with the Giants at the end of the 2013 season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kaepernick: 'I'm not worried about job security'
- Sharks morning skate: Opening night lineup set versus Kings
- 49ers LB Brooks excused for family reason
- Krukow: Bochy's 2015 'one of the best years he's ever had'
- Tomsula: 49ers sticking with Kap '100 percent' my decision
- Krukow's prediction: Dodgers end World Series drought
- NFL receives permission to play games in new countries
- Doc Rivers: Warriors lucky they didn't face Clippers or Spurs
- In the Crease: Sharks, Kings battle in season opener
- 49ers analyst Ryan: Evidence Kap 'has lost his receiver corps'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|