Dec 19, 2013, 4:45 PM PST
There simply nothing boring and normal about San Francisco Giants right fielder Hunter Pence. With that in mind, the Giants marketing department had a great challenge on their hands when designing a Pence bobblehead.
To show the eccentric outfielder making an awkward dive, or taking a mighty hack at the plate would be much too easy. Maybe giving his figurine wide bobbling eyes would be a good touch? Nah. Too weird.
In the end, they knocked it out of the park with their design concept. On April 9, 40,000 fans in attendance will get this scooter-riding piece of plastic excellence.
Pence famously rides a motorized scooter to the ballpark before each home game. The scooter was made by Giants team chef Joe Day. Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Madison Bumgarner, and Brandon Belt are also members of the scooter-riding ranks.
Pence posted the scooter bobblehead on his Instagram account on Thursday. Providing a creative concept is just one of his many contributions to the Giants. He played in all 162 games last season and batted .283 while hitting 27 home runs and driving in 99 runs. He signed a five-year, $90 million deal with the Giants at the end of the 2013 season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- The Raider Rusher is very real, will debut Tuesday
- The Hidden Relics of Candlestick Park
- Field of Links: Curry's popularity continues to rise, a Kuiper-wich, and a Superman double backflip
- Police Arrest Man After Car Chase at Caldecott Tunnel
- Nearly 3,000 Oakland Teachers Will Strike Thursday
- Marin County Declares Local Emergency Over Hwy 37 Flood
- MLB rumors: Bryce Harper ‘could be rounding third’ on Phillies contract
- Sharks weren't perfect, but still happy to grind out win vs. Canucks
- Sharks fend off pesky Canucks for seventh win in last eight games
- Shot of the Game: Joe Pavelski clinches Sharks' win over Canucks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game: Ranking every player from 27 to LeBron James
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in Erik Karlsson's return in win vs. Canucks
- Sharks' Erik Karlsson picks up assist in first game back from groin injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|