Dec 19, 2013, 1:44 PM PDT
The San Francisco 49ers, as they say in Hunger Games, have the odds ever in their favor. In the most recent update from Bovada.lv, the oddsmakers still think it’s highly likely the 49ers could win the Super Bowl.
The only teams with shorter odds to win it all are the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos. The 49ers will likely have to find a way to make it without home field advantage, though. The Seahawks are in first place in the NFC West and have the best record in the NFL. They currently hold a two-game lead over the 49ers with two weeks remaining.
Sunday Night Football analyst Cris Collinsworth also believes the 49ers have a legitimate chance to return to the Super Bowl. Citing the return of Michael Crabtree, the skills of Vernon Davis, and the return of Aldon Smith, Collinsworth believes the Seahawks and 49ers will be the last two teams standings in the NFC.
Odds to win the Super Bowl (Bovada.lv):
Seattle Seahawks: 9/4
Denver Broncos: 13/4
San Francisco 49ers: 15/2
Carolina Panthers: 14/1
Kansas City Chiefs: 14/1
New England Patriots: 14/1
The oddsmakers from the same site believe that Dennis Allen isn’t likely to return as the Oakland Raiders head coach in 2014. Collinsworth disagrees. He thinks the Raiders need to give both Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie more time. Collinsworth notes that they inherited a salary cap mess that needed to be cleaned up, and wants to see what both men can do with a more level playing field.
The Raiders are 4-10 and have two tough games remaining. They take on the San Diego Chargers in San Diego on Sunday, and finish the season against the Denver Broncos.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|