Dec 19, 2013, 9:49 AM PDT
Stephen Curry is cementing his standing as one of the most popular players in the NBA. The likable Golden State Warriors guard currently ranks sixth in NBA jersey sales. According to an NBA release, this is the first time Curry has cracked the official top 15 list.
The list is based on overall sales ranging from October through December of 2013. Miami Heat forward LeBron James is No. 1 on the list and Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has the second spot.
Top 10 most popular NBA jerseys (NBA.com):
1. LeBron James, Miami HEAT
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
4. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami HEAT
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
— 49ers running back Anthony Dixon is expected to fill the void left by Bruce Miller at full back. He’s no stranger to overcoming challenges. The powerful runner with a huge personality helped raise his younger brothers when he was a kid, and at times, they didn’t even have a home. Switching positions doesn’t seem so hard now, does it?
— Comcast SportsNet Giants broadcaster Duane Kuiper can be a ham in the booth, and now he has his own sandwich at Ike’s Place.
Yum. Time to eat up some links.
Field of Links:
— MUST SEE VIDEO: The stands collapsed during a soccer match in India. Just terrifying.
— When “yo mama” jokes go wrong.
THIS IS THE COOLEST VIDEO YOU’LL WATCH TODAY: The world’s first Superman double backflip. Yup, that’s apparently a thing now.
— Buzzfeed put together the 89 funniest sports GIFs of the year. Only 89? Step up your game, Buzzfeed. Anyway, here’s an example:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Police Searching For Suspect in Armed Robbery of SJ Business
- Hunter Strickland blows two-run lead in 'unacceptable' ninth inning
- Giants Blow 9th-Inning Lead in Loss to Marlins
- Jury Finds 'Berkeley 5' Protesters Not Guilty of Assault
- New Details Released in Sexual Assault of Teen in Palo Alto
- Giants open homestand with sour taste, blow ninth-inning lead in loss to Marlins
- Man Caught on Video Kicking Homeless Person Arrested
- 'Jogger Joe' Pleads Not Guilty to Robbery Charge
- Warriors potential draft target: Melvin Frazier
- Giants fan snags foul ball with great catch
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|