Dec 27, 2013, 10:44 AM PDT
It feels like just yesterday we were documenting Jose Canseco’s fainting goat adventure. The eccentric former Oakland Athletics slugger purchased goats, put diapers on them, and placed them in the car only to be pulled over by the police. After being let off with a warning and a certain chuckle, Canseco took the goats home.
It appears that Canseco’s home owners association won’t be as kind. They want the goats gone. The opening line of the letter from the HOA is an instant classic.
Violation: “It has been reported that goat sounds were heard coming from your property.”
Does anyone believe that’s the weirdest sound that has been heard coming from Canseco’s property? Anyway, the HOA is demanding he remove the goats from the premises. Canseco tweeted a picture of the letter.
This seems a bit unfair. Goats can’t be that much louder than dogs, right?
— The Oakland Raiders are signing All-Pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. The previous sentence would have brought much joy to Raider Nation several years ago. Now, it is merely a historical footnote for the franchise. Asomugha, who shutdown receivers for eight seasons in silver and black, is signing a one-day contract and retiring as a member of the Oakland Raiders. Raiders Insider Scott Bair will be covering the corner as he says goodbye.
— Asomugha is just one of two big-name Cal products hanging up the cleats this year. Former Golden Bears standout and living NFL legend, Tony Gonzalez, is retiring at the end of the season. Gonzalez has more touchdowns (111) and yards (15,085) than any other active NFL player. Gonzalez played 12 seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs, and five seasons with the Atlanta Falcons. He made 13 trips to the Pro Bowl.
But where’s the California Golden Bears logo?
While players of Cal’s past are getting more headlines than the current football team, their rival Stanford Cardinal football players are living it up in Pasadena. Time to check out some links.
Field of Links:
— Watch as the Stanford Cardinal arrives at the Rose Bowl.
— This guy’s dad may regret getting hearing aids.
— Johnny Manziel and the Chick-Fil-A cow presented without comment, because, gross.
— VIDEO OF THE DAY: This is officially the weirdest thing you’ll watch today. Batman and Robin vs. Spider-man in a real MMA fight. Ironically, Spider-man knocks out Batman with a Superman punch. You think I’m making that up, but I’m not.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|