Dec 30, 2013, 1:19 PM PDT
Oddsmakers believe the matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers will be the most important postseason game this weekend.
With the bracket set for the National Football League Wild Card round, the oddsmakers have released their latest projections. Of the teams without a first-round bye, the 49ers and Packers are considered the two most viable contenders.
The 49ers have the third-lowest odds to win the Super Bowl (low is good). Even though they open the postseason in a hostile environment, the 49ers are considered more likely to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy than two teams with first-round byes — the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers.
The 49ers opened the 2013 season with a 34-28 win over Green Bay. With coach Jim Harbaugh at the helm, the 49ers are 3-0 against the Packers, including a 45-31 win in the divisional round of last year’s postseason.
San Francisco has won six consecutive games, but the Packers are a dangerous team after the return of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Randall Cobb.
Here’s how each team stacks up (According to Bovada.lv):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Caltrain's Rail Grinding Project to Reduce Noise
- Woman Whose Wedding Ring Was Stolen in SF Just Wants It Back
- SJ Flood Victims to Face off Against Politicians at Meeting
- Two Iron Workers Injured at Facebook Construction Site
- Judge Drops Most Charges Against Suspect Shot by SF Officers
- Ann Coulter, UC Berkeley Clash Over Canceled Visit
- Manaea felt 'little sharp pain', but status of shoulder not immediately known
- Morse, Arroyo stun Dodgers, lift Giants to thrilling comeback win
- High School Fight in East Bay Leaves One Girl Seriously Hurt
- Did Giants rookie Arroyo even know he hit first career homer off the bat?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|