Dec 30, 2013, 1:19 PM PDT
Oddsmakers believe the matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers will be the most important postseason game this weekend.
With the bracket set for the National Football League Wild Card round, the oddsmakers have released their latest projections. Of the teams without a first-round bye, the 49ers and Packers are considered the two most viable contenders.
The 49ers have the third-lowest odds to win the Super Bowl (low is good). Even though they open the postseason in a hostile environment, the 49ers are considered more likely to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy than two teams with first-round byes — the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers.
The 49ers opened the 2013 season with a 34-28 win over Green Bay. With coach Jim Harbaugh at the helm, the 49ers are 3-0 against the Packers, including a 45-31 win in the divisional round of last year’s postseason.
San Francisco has won six consecutive games, but the Packers are a dangerous team after the return of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Randall Cobb.
Here’s how each team stacks up (According to Bovada.lv):
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|