Jan 2, 2014, 1:45 PM PDT
Stanford’s Rose Bowl loss was Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s gain. Mayweather often tweets images of his ridiculous betting tickets, and on this occasion, he made a pretty penny on the Michigan State Spartan’s 24-20 victory over the Stanford Cardinal.
The undefeated professional boxer bet $50,000 the Spartans would win. Since Stanford was the favorite, the pay out was $112,500. He was probably more nervous than any of the fans watching during the fourth-and-one play late in the fourth quarter that decided the game.
Mayweather is a native of Grand Rapids, Michigan. While it looks like 2014 got off to a good start for Mayweather, it’s worth noting that he never seems to tweet images of the bets he lost.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Odds are relatively strong that Belt actually doesn’t have the longest at-bat ever
- Film room: Kevin Durant still looking to bust out of mini 3-point slump
- Four important questions about 49ers' first-round pick
- School Bus Strikes Power Pole in Santa Cruz County: CHP
- Niners Could Trade Down and Still Pick Up Fine Cornerback
- Raiders' Gruden Eager to Teach This Week
- Trade Tariffs Costing Local Wine Industry
- Levy boosts chances of playing in home Ryder Cup
- Langer skipping Senior PGA for son's HS graduation
- Landry reaches OWGR career high after Valero win
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|