Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PST
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Top five storylines surrounding 49ers in Week 14
- A's issue statement regarding Oakland's plan for Raiders stadium
- Rewind: With another close loss, clock is ticking for Kings in 2016-17
- Three takeaways: Labanc creating offense for Sharks
- Oakland takes stage in latest act of Empty Gesture Theatre
- Kaepernick's parents defend his anthem protests: 'Very proud of our son'
- Looney, Iguodala out for Warriors game in Memphis
- Top Photos of 2016, Part 1
- Watch: Tiger, Roger Clemens play catch at new course
- 'He's Not Manson': Music Producer Defends Derick Ion
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|