Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PDT
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings sputter late, fall to Spurs 106-99
- Posey keeps showing his value behind plate for Giants
- Harbaugh explains why he kept Kap in Broncos game so long
- Giants' World Series message: 'Respect but don't fear' Royals
- Warriors sign G Sean Kilpatrick
- Giants notes: Bochy sets DH, Lincecum ready to relieve, etc.
- Harbaugh unsure if Aldon's suspension could be reduced
- Prior World Series experience doesn't matter after Game 1
- Kilgore set for season-ending surgery
- World Series prop bets: More than six steals for Royals?
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|