Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PDT
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Kings Pregame Live
- Vin Scully to miss postseason after undergoing procedure
- 49ers injury report: LT Staley sits out with knee injury
- Rangers rip Jays in ALDS opener; Donaldson, Beltre injured
- Kings' Brown, Lucic avoid further discipline for hits on Couture
- As pressure mounts on Kaepernick, 49ers' offense makes changes
- Torres breaks silence, issues statement on suspension
- Agent: 49ers' Brooks will miss Sunday's game due to sister's death
- David Lee: Stevens' Celtics resemble Kerr's Warriors
- FIFA committee suspends Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|