Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PDT
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Seahawks executive McCloughan will resign
- Stars rally past Ducks, even series at two games apiece
- Bay Area NFL nostalgia freaks, you get Alex Smith -- twice
- Rewind: Giants use long ball to salvage a win in Colorado
- A’s, Coliseum Authority trapped in the same car
- 2014 schedule: 49ers will host Seahawks Thanksgiving night
- Instant Replay: Sanchez slams Giants to victory
- Sharks notes: Niemi pays little attention to OT success
- Sources: 49ers will open 2014 season at Dallas
- Sharks CHAT with Insider Kevin Kurz -- 2 p.m. (4.24.14)
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|