Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PST
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Youngsters, veterans lead Cal to cruising victory
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford for historic win
- UC Irvine clobbers Santa Clara behind Nelson's 20 points
- 49ers add linebacker to practice squad
- Grey Cup: Setting the scene for Canada's Super Bowl
- Report: Giants add former Rays prospect on minor league deal
- 49ers' DL Dorsey suffers torn ACL, surgery pending
- Pat Riley: Warriors in early stages of possible 'dynastic' reign
- Source: Kaepernick scheduled for shoulder surgery
- Top 10 takeaways from first quarter of Sharks' season
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|