Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PDT
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- LeBron's triple-double helps Cavs top Hawks in thriller
- Wondolowski nets 100th goal in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
- Hawks' Horford ejected from Game 3 for elbowing Dellavedova
- Juan Pablo Montoya captures second Indy 500 win
- Giants' Krukow selected for CCAA Hall of Fame induction
- Warriors, Cavs could force NBA into tough spot
- A's hit three home runs, beat Rays 7-2 in series finale
- A's Gray exits game vs. Rays with right ankle contusion
- Howard: Rockets have 'to man up' vs. Warriors
- Giants lineup: Duffy at third, Arias at short vs. Rockies
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|