Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PST
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Romanowski: Most NFL players likely have CTE
- Impending free agent playing in Super Bowl 50 loves Bay Area
- Raiders' Squirek among NFL's unlikely Super Bowl stars
- LIVE: Kings vs Nets
- Harbaugh disappointed with how 2015 unfolded for Kaepernick
- Goodell: 'Rooney Rule' for women coming to NFL
- Traits Montana values when evaluating NFL quarterbacks
- DeBoer avoids 'over-coaching' Sharks on off-days
- Hot ticket: Super Bowl 50 prices higher than ever
- Report: Giants spoke with Uribe, asking price too high
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|