Jan 2, 2014, 1:22 PM PDT
Stephen Curry is known to give defenders fits, but that wasn’t his goal when he took the court in Alameda to shoot a new NBA commercial. While Curry is seen busting out ankle-breaking jukes on middle school kids in the video, his goal was to help them be fit, rather than the alternative.
The new NBA Fit Team commercial documents Curry, as he surprises a group of kids with the help of his father, Dell Curry, and Golden State Warriors great Chris Mullin. The program teaches the important of fitness, heathy eating, and sportsmanship.
Curry is one of the 26 members of the NBA Fit team. The group includes current and former NBA players, WNBA players and coaches. The NBA Fit ambassadors are expected to attend grassroots events like the one shown in Alameda, and serve as positive role models to parents and kids.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Instant Replay: Giants pull out 5-2 win over Dodgers in 13
- Notion that Steve Bisciotti should sell Ravens absurdly stupid
- Bears hold on to beat Jets 27-19
- Kings sign free agent Ramon Sessions
- AL Wild Card Watch: Duffy, Royals blank Indians
- NL Wild Card Watch: McCutchen lifts Pirates past Braves
- AL Wild Card Watch: Mariners crushed by Blue Jays
- 49ers Quick Hits: Davis' return should benefit multi-receiver sets
- AL Wild Card Watch: Royals lose suspended game
- Romo, Dunston involved in shouting match at Dodger Stadium
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|