Jan 3, 2014, 9:44 AM PST
Look for #FullSquad to be a regularly trending topic in the Bay Area. The Golden State Warriors’ are on a seven-game win streak and have apparently found their rallying cry courtesy of forward David Lee.
The phrase originated during a media session when Lee quizzed WarriorsWorld.net on the team’s record with a full squad. After beating the two-time defending champs in Miami, Lee also dropped the phrase on Jim Barnett during a postgame interview with Stephen Curry. (It occurs at the 1:44 mark)
Lee has a point. The Warriors are 8-1 since Iguodala returned to the lineup, effectively completing the full squad. Even more impressive, the Warriors are playing their best ball during a brutal seven-game road trip.
— A goal by San Jose Sharks center Joe Pavelski led to a patriotic display in San Jose on Thursday night. The crowd broke into a “U-S-A, U-S-A” chant shortly after Pavelski — who was recently named to the U.S. Men’s Olympic Hockey team — scored in the third period. The Sharks dismantled the Edmonton Oilers 5-1.
— The Mayors of Green Bay and San Francisco have officially made their bet. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is offering up Ghirardelli Chocolates and Bob’s Donuts. Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt is putting Titletown Wine, Beerntsen’s Candies, Wisconsin’s Famous O&H Danish Kringle on the line. The loser will also have to wear the opposing team’s hat while reading a book to elementary school kids. We bet you’ll like these links.
Field of Links:
— The Miami Heat and LeBron James hit the skids on Thursday night against the Warriors. (H/T: SBNation for the GIF)
Here’s a closeup of the patch of synthetic rubber James left on the court.
— Look out, NFL. The New England Patriots are Hulking Up… brother.
— CLICK OF THE DAY: When Ray Ratto takes on the Puppy Bowl, it’s must-read material.
— A guy climbed and later fell from the scaffolding during an A$AP Rocky concert. (Audio NSFW)
— Forget Katherine Webb, Adrian Peterson looked like Debo from the movie “Friday” while on the sidelines during the Sugar Bowl.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Field of Links: Ray Lewis has a check for Ahmad Brooks, Rangers' marketing mistake
- Check out Stephen Curry's 'Voodoo' shoes
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox targeting return to lineup vs. Hornets on Tuesday
- Warriors believe they're headed in right direction despite 5-22 record
- Kings' lack of maintaining intensity costs them game vs. lowly Knicks
- Jimmy Garoppolo 'really good' but not elite, analyst Chris Simms says
- Warriors 'tired of losing' after falling to 5-22 on season
- Alec Burks drops 24 points against former team, but Warriors fall to Jazz
- Shot of the Game: Kings' Buddy Hield with an up and under slam
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss follows block with wide-open dunk
- Bogdan Bogdanovic channels MJ, Steph Curry with shrug after 3-pointer
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in tough 103-101 loss to Knicks
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|