Jan 3, 2014, 9:44 AM PDT
Look for #FullSquad to be a regularly trending topic in the Bay Area. The Golden State Warriors’ are on a seven-game win streak and have apparently found their rallying cry courtesy of forward David Lee.
The phrase originated during a media session when Lee quizzed WarriorsWorld.net on the team’s record with a full squad. After beating the two-time defending champs in Miami, Lee also dropped the phrase on Jim Barnett during a postgame interview with Stephen Curry. (It occurs at the 1:44 mark)
Lee has a point. The Warriors are 8-1 since Iguodala returned to the lineup, effectively completing the full squad. Even more impressive, the Warriors are playing their best ball during a brutal seven-game road trip.
— A goal by San Jose Sharks center Joe Pavelski led to a patriotic display in San Jose on Thursday night. The crowd broke into a “U-S-A, U-S-A” chant shortly after Pavelski — who was recently named to the U.S. Men’s Olympic Hockey team — scored in the third period. The Sharks dismantled the Edmonton Oilers 5-1.
— The Mayors of Green Bay and San Francisco have officially made their bet. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is offering up Ghirardelli Chocolates and Bob’s Donuts. Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt is putting Titletown Wine, Beerntsen’s Candies, Wisconsin’s Famous O&H Danish Kringle on the line. The loser will also have to wear the opposing team’s hat while reading a book to elementary school kids. We bet you’ll like these links.
Field of Links:
— The Miami Heat and LeBron James hit the skids on Thursday night against the Warriors. (H/T: SBNation for the GIF)
Here’s a closeup of the patch of synthetic rubber James left on the court.
— Look out, NFL. The New England Patriots are Hulking Up… brother.
— CLICK OF THE DAY: When Ray Ratto takes on the Puppy Bowl, it’s must-read material.
— A guy climbed and later fell from the scaffolding during an A$AP Rocky concert. (Audio NSFW)
— Forget Katherine Webb, Adrian Peterson looked like Debo from the movie “Friday” while on the sidelines during the Sugar Bowl.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|