Jan 3, 2014, 12:43 PM PDT
Kevin Durant is one of the most physically gifted professional basketball players on the planet. His skills apparently don’t translate well to football. The Oklahoma City Thunder star recently got a healthy helping of humble pie when he tried to see what it would be like to rush the quarterback against a Canadian Football League offensive lineman.
Devin Tyler, who spent a year on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad, dispatched Durant with ease while messing around inside a gymnasium. The lanky NBA All-Star might have been better off trying to leap over the Tyler.
At 6-foot-9, 215 pounds, Durant isn’t built like a pass rusher. Aldon Smith, for example, is five inches shorter and 50 pounds heavier than Durant. Smith would have no problem getting past any CFL offensive lineman. Don’t quit your day job, Durant. Conversely, however, Durant would certainly school Smith and Devin Tyler in a basketball game.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Throwback Thursday: The 2002 All-Star Game tie debacle
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|