Jan 3, 2014, 12:43 PM PDT
Kevin Durant is one of the most physically gifted professional basketball players on the planet. His skills apparently don’t translate well to football. The Oklahoma City Thunder star recently got a healthy helping of humble pie when he tried to see what it would be like to rush the quarterback against a Canadian Football League offensive lineman.
Devin Tyler, who spent a year on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad, dispatched Durant with ease while messing around inside a gymnasium. The lanky NBA All-Star might have been better off trying to leap over the Tyler.
At 6-foot-9, 215 pounds, Durant isn’t built like a pass rusher. Aldon Smith, for example, is five inches shorter and 50 pounds heavier than Durant. Smith would have no problem getting past any CFL offensive lineman. Don’t quit your day job, Durant. Conversely, however, Durant would certainly school Smith and Devin Tyler in a basketball game.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Frankie Montas 'did his thing,' continues to prove he's the A's ace
- Concord Massacre Plot Foiled
- Mariners Lose to A's 11-2; Encarnación Traded to Yankees
- MLB rumors: Giants-Twins Madison Bumgarner trade chatter ‘premature’
- Bad Gas at Newark Shell Station Causes Pricey Damages
- Jurickson Profar drives in four, Montas goes six in A's win over Mariners
- NBA rumors: Chris Paul wants out of Houston, Stephen A. Smith hears
- Drive of the Game: Marcus Semien blasts 10th homer of season
- Marcus Semien, Jurickson Profar power A's to 11-2 win over Mariners
- LeBron James welcomes Anthony Davis to Lakers with Instagram post
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|