Jan 6, 2014, 1:23 PM PST
Looking for something faster than a Madison Bumgarner fastball and louder than a Hunter Pence pregame speech? Check out this San Francisco Giants-themed Ford Mustang.
The 1990 California Highway Patrol edition 5.0 is on the market for $6,000. According to the Craigslist ad, the car has a clean title.
The project was a labor of love by its owner. In addition to a re-built engine, the car features a Giants logo painted on the hood with the San Francisco skyline in the background, orange and black on the exterior and engine, and police spotlights.
The price may be a bit steep, and there’s still plenty of room to make improvements before it’s on the level of this Detroit Tigers-themed car, but it would probably win in a race.
The car was assembled in 1990, when the Giants still had Will Clark, Kevin Mitchell, and Matt Williams. It’s still running 24 years and 110,000 miles later.
Here’s a photo gallery from the owner: (All photos are from Craigslist)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fairfield Woman's Good Deed Takes a Turn For the Worse
- NBC Bay Area Makes Donation To Forgive $1.5M in Medical Debt
- SJ Police Investigating Abuse Reporting at Presentation High
- Juveniles Drag Passenger Off Train, Steal iPhone: BART
- Student Planned to Harm Classmates at Elementary School: PD
- BART Releases Bodycam Video From Officer-Involved Shooting
- Oakland Man Missing in Frigid Wilderness of Yosemite
- Jordan Bell scrimmages with Warriors, inches closer to return
- Steve Kerr 'amazed' by activism of Florida survivors fighting for change
- Steve Kerr applauds 'heroic' Florida teens for using their voice
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|