Jan 6, 2014, 1:23 PM PDT
Looking for something faster than a Madison Bumgarner fastball and louder than a Hunter Pence pregame speech? Check out this San Francisco Giants-themed Ford Mustang.
The 1990 California Highway Patrol edition 5.0 is on the market for $6,000. According to the Craigslist ad, the car has a clean title.
The project was a labor of love by its owner. In addition to a re-built engine, the car features a Giants logo painted on the hood with the San Francisco skyline in the background, orange and black on the exterior and engine, and police spotlights.
The price may be a bit steep, and there’s still plenty of room to make improvements before it’s on the level of this Detroit Tigers-themed car, but it would probably win in a race.
The car was assembled in 1990, when the Giants still had Will Clark, Kevin Mitchell, and Matt Williams. It’s still running 24 years and 110,000 miles later.
Here’s a photo gallery from the owner: (All photos are from Craigslist)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Rewind: Giants are left to dissect another one-run loss
- Fans misguided rage at color of train seats
- Instant Replay: Cain's stellar outing wasted, Giants lose 2-1
- Posey banged up but available off bench for Giants
- Sharks' third line had good, bad moments in Game 1
- Curry named Western Conference Player of the Month
- 49ers, Ravens to participate in four preseason practices
- Kings' 'new era' off to slow start
- Warriors recall Ognjen Kuzmic from Santa Cruz
- Giants lineup: No Posey, Blanco in left
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|