Field of Links: Warriors look to stay hot in frigid Wisconsin, Surgery for Couture, Vonn to miss Olympics
Jan 7, 2014, 7:43 AM PDT
The San Francisco 49ers are still thawing out after braving the elements on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, and now the Golden State Warriors are in Wisconsin to take on the Milwaukee Bucks. Fortunately, they play indoors.
Jackson is a smart man. Catching a Colin Kaepernick pass in normal conditions looks painful enough on the hands and fingers.
— Speaking of the Dubs, they’re riding a season-high nine-game winning streak and the man who coined the term “Full Squad” is bringing home an individual award. David Lee was named Western Conference Player of the Week.
— San Jose Sharks center Logan Couture is expected to miss the next three to four weeks after right hand surgery, writes Sharks insider Kevin Kurz. The Sharks already have several players on the injured list, but Couture is certainly the toughest to replace. The Sharks wrap up a three-game road trip against the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night.
— A star Olympian is also on the shelf. Lindsey Vonn won’t be competing in the upcoming Winter Olympics. The U.S. skier made the announcement on her Facebook page early Tuesday morning. Vonn, 29, is recovering from injuries to her right knee. She would have been one of the biggest stars competing in Sochi. Here’s her announcement:
I am devastated to announce that I will not be able to compete in Sochi. I did everything I possibly could to somehow get strong enough to overcome having no ACL but the reality has sunk in that my knee is just too unstable to compete at this level. I’m having surgery soon so that I can be ready for the World Championships at home in Vail next February. On a positive note, this means there will be an additional spot so that one of my teammates can go for gold. Thank you all so much for all of the love and support. I will be cheering for all of the Olympians and especially team USA!
Field of Links:
— You’ve done it, internet. You’ve finally found something that makes our friend Ray Ratto giddy! *huge “Mission Accomplished” banner unfurls from the side of the USS Hornet*
— Check out this Packers fan’s epic meltdown during the 49ers’ win. (Language NSFW)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|