Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PDT
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- AL Wild Card Watch: Morrison's shot vaults Mariners over Angels
- NL Wild Card Watch: Cardinals top Brewers 3-2 in 13 innings
- Falcons soar, Bucs suffer second-worst loss in club history
- NL West Watch: Big seventh gives Dodgers 8-4 win over Cubs
- Oakland Elephantines look pretty condemnatory
- NL Wild Card Watch: Pirates get late break in playoff push
- 49ers Quick Hits: Culliver emerging as top cornerback
- Roman transcript: 'Carrier is an ascending player'
- Kaepernick added to 49ers injury report
- Police called to McDonald's house after female held gun
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|