Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PST
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jordan Bell leaves after suffering left ankle injury on first play vs Bulls
- Apple to Build Second Campus, Hire 20,000 Workers
- Fremont PD Detective Injured at Scene of Stolen Vehicle
- Two Rockets suspended for Clippers fracas, will miss Warriors game
- WATCH: Warriors vs Bulls
- Cubs catcher says he’ll be better than Posey, Molina
- Judge Rules For Mcclatchy Officials Accused of Mismanagement
- Raiders DC Paul Guenther talks Khalil Mack, Gareon Conley and more
- Crash Involving Stolen Vehicle in Antioch
- Raiders OC believes Raiders will 'grow as Derek Carr grows'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|