Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PDT
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|