Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PDT
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's recall Smolinski from Nashville, option Bassitt
- At current pace, A's on course to make MLB history
- What they're saying: Four All-Stars for Giants
- Giants prospect Arroyo gets weekly California League honor
- Florida St. dismisses QB after video shows him hitting woman
- Report: West agrees to join Spurs for veteran minimum
- Vegas: Giants' odds to win World Series at halfway mark
- Tour de France putting cycling's unique garb in spotlight
- What they're saying: Gray, Vogt first-time All-Stars
- 49ers to open training camp Aug. 1 at Levi's Stadium
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|