Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PDT
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants lineup: Span, Panik out, Belt dropped down vs Hill
- A's pounce on Bauer, take series from Indians
- Kaepernick responds to Baalke: 'We have a business relationship'
- A's touring possible stadium site mostly waste of everyone’s time
- Kap 'most definitely' feels he's still in mix for starting job
- Ex-NFL coach Edwards: Gabbert hasn't won 49ers' heart
- Barnett: 'No doubt' Warriors should win multiple titles
- With no deal, Chargers pull offer to third overall pick Bosa
- 49ers LB Carradine back to FSU form: 'I feel fast, really fast'
- Kelly turns questions about 49ers QBs into hypothetical joke
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|