Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PST
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shot of the Game: Wingels nets short-handed goal vs. Coyotes
- Pacquiao dominates Algieri in 12-round unanimous decision
- Instant Replay: Sharks fall to Coyotes in shootout
- Ray Ratto's Top 25 college football rankings: Week 13
- Duke beats Stanford, Randle for Coaches vs. Cancer title
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for suspended Voynov
- Cal State Fullerton holds off San Jose State 70-66
- Wright, Stanford beat Cal for fifth straight Big Game win
- Oklahoma's Perine breaks Gordon's week-old rushing record
- Report: Padres make highest bid, Pablo leaning to Boston
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|