Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PDT
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Conor McGregor headlines UFC 205, but not against Nate Diaz
- Former A's OF Crisp homers as Indians clinch AL Central title
- Wild Card Watch: Duvall slugs Reds to win over Cardinals
- Wild Card Watch: Marlins beat Mets with heavy hearts
- Marlins, Mets pay tribute to Jose Fernandez in Miami
- Gordon hits first HR of season after honoring Jose Fernandez
- Meier not available for Sharks preseason opener
- 49ers offensive lineman Anthony Davis retires for second time
- A's lineup: Valencia returns vs Angels, playing right field
- Raiders cut Marcel Reece, 'this was a tough decision'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|