Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PST
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers Week 16 loss to Chargers: Three negatives
- Northeastern tops Santa Clara 78-72
- Chargers 38, 49ers 35: Another blown second-half lead
- Rewind: Sharks' resiliency displayed in impressive homestand
- Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford, 79-77
- 49ers LT Staley to ref: You're terrible at your job
- 49ers injury report: Banged-up Crabtree forced to return
- In worst loss, 49ers die on altar of one-dimensionality
- 49ers break rushing record in back-breaking defeat
- Instant Replay: Sharks fight, finish Blues in OT
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|