Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PST
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Rewind: Fourth line, third period stand out in Sharks win
- Saint Mary's beats Loyola for ninth straight 20-win season
- Instant Replay: Early goals stand up as Sharks beat Coyotes
- San Jose's Aaron Gordon puts on show, loses slam dunk contest
- Derksen leads USF past San Diego, back to .500 in WCC
- Cal holds on vs Oregon State to stay undefeated at home
- Rogers scores 12 in San Jose State's loss to New Mexico
- Draymond Green ties Kevin Hart in three-point shootout
- Thompson gets revenge, beats Curry, Booker in 3-point contest
- Towns takes out Green, Cousins on way to Skills Challenge win
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|