Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM PDT
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is lending his strategic campaigning skills to Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins. In a new video released by the Kings, Mayor Johnson advises Cousins to take a grassroots approach to his All-Star campaign by earning one vote at a time.
In the video, Cousins responds by serving coffee, driving a cab, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, and singing intentionally bad karaoke at a night club with Kings owner Vivek Ranadive in attendance.
Cousins’ campaign has been star-studded and creative. He even received an endorsement from Grammy Award-winning rapper Drake. It hasn’t yielded the desired results, though. Cousins didn’t crack the most recent list of top vote-getters. The deadline to vote is January 20.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Rewind: 'Beautiful' night for Kings, Sacramento despite loss to Spurs
- Kings' Joerger breaks down the his team's loss to the Spurs
- Highlights: Sacramento and Kings open new Golden 1 Center; fall to Spurs
- Rewind: Power play paces Sharks in strange night at the Tank
- Efforts of Darnold, Jones lead USC over Cal
- Cousins: 'Beautiful' night for Sacramento; 'good loss' against the Spurs
- Highlights: Hertl nets two in Sharks home win over Columbus
- Gay: Kings' defense took a 'step in the right direction' vs Spurs
- McLemore: Energy of Golden 1 Center crowd had an 'impact'
- Mayor Kevin Johnson: Golden 1 Center opening is 'overwhelming'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|