Jan 9, 2014, 10:13 AM PDT
A market president for Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. will have to go to work dressed as a gold miner — pickaxe and all — if the 49ers win on Sunday.
San Francisco and Charlotte are two of the biggest bank towns in the country and they apparently take rich rivalries to a whole new level.
– The 49ers are sending out tickets for the NFC Championship Game at Candlestick Park — just in case. If the New Orleans Saints beat the Seattle Seahawks and the 49ers beat the Carolina Panthers, there will be one final game at the ‘Stick. Here’s a look at the tickets via a user on Reddit.
– The Golden State Warriors were a couple of late-game turnovers away from making history. After traveling 3,800 miles over a seven-game road trip, they were still able to fly home with their heads held high after losing 102-98 in Brooklyn. A 6-1 road trip is something to be very happy about, especially when considering 11 of their next 15 games will be at Oracle Arena.
– Here’s a fun read: Former Stanford star and current Portland Trail Blazer, Robin Lopez, explains his love of everything Disney, his geeky comic book collection, and picks his three favorite movie wizards. Time for some wizardry of our own. Enjoy these magical links!
Field of Links:
– PASS OR FAIL? Sharks insider Kevin Kurz has submitted his midseason grades.
– CLIP OF THE DAY: Excited woman falls and takes out the announcer on “The Price is Right”
– GRIN AND BEAR IT: Clutch The Bear scares Houston Rockets players after practice.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Rewind: Fragile Sharks blow another late lead to Jackets
- Shot of the Game: Pavelski ties it in third period
- Lakers could stink for years, and not because of Kobe
- Lakers' Nash ruled out for season
- Instant Replay: Sharks blow two leads, fall to Jackets 5-4
- World Series notes: Royals, Giants consider OF changes, etc.
- Strickland 'embarrassed', hopes for another chance
- Lincecum upbeat, 'feels normal' after playing catch
- Seahawks' Wilson blames media for Harvin conjecture
- Bochy applauds Giants rookie Strickland for ownership
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|