Jan 9, 2014, 10:13 AM PDT
A market president for Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. will have to go to work dressed as a gold miner — pickaxe and all — if the 49ers win on Sunday.
San Francisco and Charlotte are two of the biggest bank towns in the country and they apparently take rich rivalries to a whole new level.
— The 49ers are sending out tickets for the NFC Championship Game at Candlestick Park — just in case. If the New Orleans Saints beat the Seattle Seahawks and the 49ers beat the Carolina Panthers, there will be one final game at the ‘Stick. Here’s a look at the tickets via a user on Reddit.
— The Golden State Warriors were a couple of late-game turnovers away from making history. After traveling 3,800 miles over a seven-game road trip, they were still able to fly home with their heads held high after losing 102-98 in Brooklyn. A 6-1 road trip is something to be very happy about, especially when considering 11 of their next 15 games will be at Oracle Arena.
— Here’s a fun read: Former Stanford star and current Portland Trail Blazer, Robin Lopez, explains his love of everything Disney, his geeky comic book collection, and picks his three favorite movie wizards. Time for some wizardry of our own. Enjoy these magical links!
Field of Links:
— PASS OR FAIL? Sharks insider Kevin Kurz has submitted his midseason grades.
— CLIP OF THE DAY: Excited woman falls and takes out the announcer on “The Price is Right”
— GRIN AND BEAR IT: Clutch The Bear scares Houston Rockets players after practice.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Texans head coach declares Watt out for the season
- LeBron sends Cavs message on J.R. Smith: 'Get it done'
- Kings prepare to open state-of-the-art downtown arena
- A's lineup: Wendle returns, batting leadoff vs Mariners
- Giants lineup: Hernandez leading off, Beckham debuts at 3B
- Staley: No divide in 49ers locker room with Kap's protest
- 49ers' Harold fined for horse collar tackle of Wilson
- Reds manager angry over 'ridiculous' end of Cardinals win
- Cowboys' Bryant questionable; 49ers' Ward out
- Dell expected to play duration of Sharks' game vs Coyotes
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|