Jan 10, 2014, 5:36 PM PDT
Bud Norris is paid to pitch for the Baltimore Orioles, but his heart remains in the Bay Area. Norris, a native of Novato, appeared on MLB Network’s Intentional Talk wearing an old-school San Francisco 49ers jacket and beanie. The bulk of the segment was spent talking about the 49ers’ postseason chances and the Warriors.
Norris, 28, is a big fan of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He noted how impressed he was when Kaepernick threw an 87-mph fastball during a ceremonial first pitch at AT&T Park. The Orioles’ pitcher admitted that he couldn’t match Kaepernick on the football field, but he did say that he could out-throw him on the mound.
“If he wants to go schlep it in the minor leagues for a couple years to see if he can make it, I’m sure he’d have a real opportunity,” Norris told Intentional Talk host Chris Rose. “He has a great arm.”
Speaking of attributes, during a rapid-fire segment of the interview, Norris said he’d rather have Stephen Curry’s jumper than Kaepernick’s escapability.
“It’s butter, it’s so clean,” Norris said.
Norris won’t be a free agent until 2016. Perhaps there’s a chance he’d take a hometown discount from the Giants or A’s.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Warriors placed a call to Dwyane Wade
- Crews Battle Two-Alarm House Fire in San Jose
- Report: Dwyane Wade nearing agreement with Cavs
- SF Officials Set Up Cooling Centers Ahead of Midweek Heat
- The adjustment is going to take some time for Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Maybe our wanting him to play isn’t the best thing for Colin Kaepernick
- Klay Thompson: 'I worked harder this summer because...'
- Patriot Prayer Plans March, Rally in Berkeley
- Hoyer Bounces Back to Show 49ers He Can be Effective QB
- Can Crabtree Bounce Back in Time for Broncos?
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|