Jan 10, 2014, 5:36 PM PDT
Bud Norris is paid to pitch for the Baltimore Orioles, but his heart remains in the Bay Area. Norris, a native of Novato, appeared on MLB Network’s Intentional Talk wearing an old-school San Francisco 49ers jacket and beanie. The bulk of the segment was spent talking about the 49ers’ postseason chances and the Warriors.
Norris, 28, is a big fan of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He noted how impressed he was when Kaepernick threw an 87-mph fastball during a ceremonial first pitch at AT&T Park. The Orioles’ pitcher admitted that he couldn’t match Kaepernick on the football field, but he did say that he could out-throw him on the mound.
“If he wants to go schlep it in the minor leagues for a couple years to see if he can make it, I’m sure he’d have a real opportunity,” Norris told Intentional Talk host Chris Rose. “He has a great arm.”
Speaking of attributes, during a rapid-fire segment of the interview, Norris said he’d rather have Stephen Curry’s jumper than Kaepernick’s escapability.
“It’s butter, it’s so clean,” Norris said.
Norris won’t be a free agent until 2016. Perhaps there’s a chance he’d take a hometown discount from the Giants or A’s.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
- New Details Emerge in Case of Missing SF Uber Driver
- Giants lineup: Hernandez in, Slater out
- Earthquakes players react to Kinnear's firing, Leitch's promotion
- Fireworks Enforcement Ramps Up for Fourth of July
- Vogt has that 'rejuvenation feeling' going from A's to first-place Brewers
- Tierney, Sorensen among players qualified by Sharks
- With Duffy's uncertain health, Rays reportedly trade for another shortstop
- Facebook May Be Creating Original TV Shows: Report
- Earthquakes GM defends firing coach: 'I think this team can achieve more'
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|