Jan 10, 2014, 5:36 PM PST
Bud Norris is paid to pitch for the Baltimore Orioles, but his heart remains in the Bay Area. Norris, a native of Novato, appeared on MLB Network’s Intentional Talk wearing an old-school San Francisco 49ers jacket and beanie. The bulk of the segment was spent talking about the 49ers’ postseason chances and the Warriors.
Norris, 28, is a big fan of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He noted how impressed he was when Kaepernick threw an 87-mph fastball during a ceremonial first pitch at AT&T Park. The Orioles’ pitcher admitted that he couldn’t match Kaepernick on the football field, but he did say that he could out-throw him on the mound.
“If he wants to go schlep it in the minor leagues for a couple years to see if he can make it, I’m sure he’d have a real opportunity,” Norris told Intentional Talk host Chris Rose. “He has a great arm.”
Speaking of attributes, during a rapid-fire segment of the interview, Norris said he’d rather have Stephen Curry’s jumper than Kaepernick’s escapability.
“It’s butter, it’s so clean,” Norris said.
Norris won’t be a free agent until 2016. Perhaps there’s a chance he’d take a hometown discount from the Giants or A’s.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|