Jan 13, 2014, 1:53 PM PDT
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has come up with a bunch of creative ploys to boost his chances to get voted into the NBA All-Star Game. After shooting videos with Drake and Mayor Kevin Johnson, he is earning votes the old fashioned way — by dominating opponents on the basketball court.
Cousins was named Western Conference Player of the Week on Monday. Last week, he averaged 25 points and 12.7 rebounds per game while leading the Kings to a 3-0 record. He recorded a double-double in each of those three games.
Cousins also put in overtime and was involved in a few solid video bombing efforts.
Cousins still needs help in the All-Star Game voting department. Even after an endorsement from LeBron James, he ranks 11th among frontcourt players in the Western Conference. Cousins and the Kings return to the court when they play a road game against the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants chat with Amy G. -- Innings 2-4 (7.24.14)
- San Jose Earthquakes ease past Chicago Fire 5-1
- Astros' Springer lands on DL with quad strain
- Rewind: Pence, Bumgarner provide second wind for Giants
- Tigers acquire reliever Soria from Rangers
- Vikings don't care that new stadium is death trap for birds
- Instant Replay: Pence, Bumgarner carry Giants past Phillies
- Padres' Maybin suspended 25 games for failing drug test
- Padres call up former Giants OF Francoeur
- RB Charles agrees to two-year extension with Chiefs
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|