Jan 13, 2014, 1:53 PM PST
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has come up with a bunch of creative ploys to boost his chances to get voted into the NBA All-Star Game. After shooting videos with Drake and Mayor Kevin Johnson, he is earning votes the old fashioned way — by dominating opponents on the basketball court.
Cousins was named Western Conference Player of the Week on Monday. Last week, he averaged 25 points and 12.7 rebounds per game while leading the Kings to a 3-0 record. He recorded a double-double in each of those three games.
Cousins also put in overtime and was involved in a few solid video bombing efforts.
Cousins still needs help in the All-Star Game voting department. Even after an endorsement from LeBron James, he ranks 11th among frontcourt players in the Western Conference. Cousins and the Kings return to the court when they play a road game against the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- This picture is worth a thousand words about the A's and Astros in 2013
- Bo Pelini’s out-the-door rant makes him perfect for 49ers coach
- Randle scores 31 as Stanford tops Loyola Marymount
- Aldon Smith reacts to possibility Justin Smith will retire
- 49ers injury report: Nine kept out of practice
- Report: Michigan makes offer to 49ers coach Harbaugh
- Preds' Neal fined for diving late in loss to Sharks
- Hyde: It'll take a miracle to play Saturday vs. Chargers
- 49ers release Ray McDonald for 'pattern of poor decision-making'
- Kaepernick: You have to abide by high standard
- Tierney getting another shot at NHL after recall to Sharks
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|