Jan 14, 2014, 4:47 PM PDT
From trolling to fundraising, the pro-49ers fan billboard in Seattle has certainly captured it’s share of attention. Now, with some help from the actual San Francisco 49ers, it’s about to become more visible than ever.
In December, a group of 49ers fans decided to raise money to purchase digital space on a billboard near CenturyLink Field. They needed $7,000, but easily overshot their goal. As a result, they decided to donate the excess funds to Seattle Children’s Hospital.
On Tuesday, the 49ers agreed to match up to $100,000 of the funds raised by the group. They have already raised over $12,000.
The billboard is located on Interstate 5 in Milton, Washington, about 27 miles from the stadium. They came up with the idea after Seahawks fans flew a banner around Candlestick Park and purchased a brick at Levi’s Stadium. You can make a donation using the below widget, and the 49ers will match it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Daniel Mengden proves more effective as starter than follower in A's win
- Sharks notebook: Prospects quickly making impression at development camp
- Mengden, A's Outlast Cardinals in Pitchers' Duel
- Drive of the Game: Beau Taylor gives A's lead vs. Cardinals with solo homer
- Matt Chapman, Beau Taylor power A's to series sweep against Cardinals
- Top Restaurateur Cleared in Pregnancy Discrimination Trial
- WATCH: Dynamo vs. Quakes
- Kings' 10 best free agency options to fill small forward vacancy
- Madison Bumgarner explains what's 'special' about being Giants player
- Senate Bill Would Require Recall Repairs on Used Cars
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|