Jan 14, 2014, 4:47 PM PST
From trolling to fundraising, the pro-49ers fan billboard in Seattle has certainly captured it’s share of attention. Now, with some help from the actual San Francisco 49ers, it’s about to become more visible than ever.
In December, a group of 49ers fans decided to raise money to purchase digital space on a billboard near CenturyLink Field. They needed $7,000, but easily overshot their goal. As a result, they decided to donate the excess funds to Seattle Children’s Hospital.
On Tuesday, the 49ers agreed to match up to $100,000 of the funds raised by the group. They have already raised over $12,000.
The billboard is located on Interstate 5 in Milton, Washington, about 27 miles from the stadium. They came up with the idea after Seahawks fans flew a banner around Candlestick Park and purchased a brick at Levi’s Stadium. You can make a donation using the below widget, and the 49ers will match it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders fans can dare to dream about Jon Gruden leading team to the postseason
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
- AFC playoff picture: Raiders on Chiefs' heels heading into Week 11
- Police Seek Suspects Involved in Chinatown Violent Attack
- MLB rumors: A's in talks with Stephen Vogt's agent during free agency
- 49ers' Ben Garland sees worlds intersect with football on Veterans Day
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo, George Kittle among top-selling NFL jerseys
- Steph Curry's promise to Warriors fans came exactly 10 years ago today
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|