Jan 14, 2014, 4:47 PM PDT
From trolling to fundraising, the pro-49ers fan billboard in Seattle has certainly captured it’s share of attention. Now, with some help from the actual San Francisco 49ers, it’s about to become more visible than ever.
In December, a group of 49ers fans decided to raise money to purchase digital space on a billboard near CenturyLink Field. They needed $7,000, but easily overshot their goal. As a result, they decided to donate the excess funds to Seattle Children’s Hospital.
On Tuesday, the 49ers agreed to match up to $100,000 of the funds raised by the group. They have already raised over $12,000.
The billboard is located on Interstate 5 in Milton, Washington, about 27 miles from the stadium. They came up with the idea after Seahawks fans flew a banner around Candlestick Park and purchased a brick at Levi’s Stadium. You can make a donation using the below widget, and the 49ers will match it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Draymond to Curry to Durant earns Assist of the Year
- Iguodala does not capture Sixth Man of the Year award
- Group Files Paperwork to Recall Judge in Brock Turner Case
- San Jose to Crack Down on Food Handouts to Homeless
- WATCH: Giants Pregame Live
- Giants respond to Melancon report: 'It’s pole vaulting over mouse turds'
- Police Arrest 2015 Homicide Suspect During Credit Fraud Raid
- Buster Posey Visits Stanford Children's Hospital
- Man Convicted in 2014 SJ DUI Death Arrested on DUI Suspicion
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|