Jan 14, 2014, 4:47 PM PDT
From trolling to fundraising, the pro-49ers fan billboard in Seattle has certainly captured it’s share of attention. Now, with some help from the actual San Francisco 49ers, it’s about to become more visible than ever.
In December, a group of 49ers fans decided to raise money to purchase digital space on a billboard near CenturyLink Field. They needed $7,000, but easily overshot their goal. As a result, they decided to donate the excess funds to Seattle Children’s Hospital.
On Tuesday, the 49ers agreed to match up to $100,000 of the funds raised by the group. They have already raised over $12,000.
The billboard is located on Interstate 5 in Milton, Washington, about 27 miles from the stadium. They came up with the idea after Seahawks fans flew a banner around Candlestick Park and purchased a brick at Levi’s Stadium. You can make a donation using the below widget, and the 49ers will match it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Warriors Pregame Live
- South Bay Students Use Tech To Study Religious Diversity
- Relocation approval 'offers more clarity' when Raiders recruit future free agents
- Warriors to update Durant's status on Wednesday
- Fire Scorches 420-Plus Tons of Hay at Fresno Ranch
- 49ers GM Lynch speaks with Harbaugh about Michigan prospects
- NFL centralizes replay reviews, Del Rio wants more freedom in challenges
- Student Filmmakers Get a Shot in Sonoma Int'l Film Fest
- Pursuit Ends in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Pittsburg
- A's Insider Podcast: Matt Joyce
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|