Jan 14, 2014, 1:20 PM PDT
The ongoing feud between the 49ers and Seahawks is actually spilling over into baseball. In advance of the NFC Championship Game, two minor league teams got into a major argument on Twitter.
On Monday, the Fresno Grizzlies and Tacoma Rainiers lobbed virtual haymakers at each other while a group of interested followers looked on. The Grizzlies are affiliated with the San Francisco Giants and the Rainiers are affiliated with the Seattle Mariners. Of course, San Francisco and Seattle are the cities competing with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
The Grizzlies threw the first punch.
After team statistics were called into question, the dispute escalated to include attendance figures, standings, and mentions of homegrown players.
The vicious back and forth closely resembles a recent online argument between the Sacramento River Cats and Reno Aces. Who’d have thought the NFC Championship Game would result in a baseball feud?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants Notes: Span feeling better, hopes to return to lineup Wednesday
- Injuries to Hahn, Alonso compound A's loss to Marlins
- Proposed High School Site Near Santa Rita Jail Rejected
- Consumers Feel Duped by Local Matchmaker
- Bay Area on Heightened Alert Following Manchester Bombing
- SF-Bound United Flight Evacuated at Newark Airport
- Saratoga High Student Arrested for Threatening Violence
- Alonso feels 'lucky,' thought he broke wrist on HBP
- SF Public Defender Launches New Immigration Court Unit
- Hahn goes into detail about injury that forced him out of game vs Miami
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|