Jan 14, 2014, 1:20 PM PDT
The ongoing feud between the 49ers and Seahawks is actually spilling over into baseball. In advance of the NFC Championship Game, two minor league teams got into a major argument on Twitter.
On Monday, the Fresno Grizzlies and Tacoma Rainiers lobbed virtual haymakers at each other while a group of interested followers looked on. The Grizzlies are affiliated with the San Francisco Giants and the Rainiers are affiliated with the Seattle Mariners. Of course, San Francisco and Seattle are the cities competing with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
The Grizzlies threw the first punch.
After team statistics were called into question, the dispute escalated to include attendance figures, standings, and mentions of homegrown players.
The vicious back and forth closely resembles a recent online argument between the Sacramento River Cats and Reno Aces. Who’d have thought the NFC Championship Game would result in a baseball feud?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Frankie Montas 'did his thing,' continues to prove he's the A's ace
- Concord Massacre Plot Foiled
- Mariners Lose to A's 11-2; Encarnación Traded to Yankees
- MLB rumors: Giants-Twins Madison Bumgarner trade chatter ‘premature’
- Bad Gas at Newark Shell Station Causes Pricey Damages
- Jurickson Profar drives in four, Montas goes six in A's win over Mariners
- NBA rumors: Chris Paul wants out of Houston, Stephen A. Smith hears
- Drive of the Game: Marcus Semien blasts 10th homer of season
- Marcus Semien, Jurickson Profar power A's to 11-2 win over Mariners
- LeBron James welcomes Anthony Davis to Lakers with Instagram post
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|