Jan 14, 2014, 1:20 PM PDT
The ongoing feud between the 49ers and Seahawks is actually spilling over into baseball. In advance of the NFC Championship Game, two minor league teams got into a major argument on Twitter.
On Monday, the Fresno Grizzlies and Tacoma Rainiers lobbed virtual haymakers at each other while a group of interested followers looked on. The Grizzlies are affiliated with the San Francisco Giants and the Rainiers are affiliated with the Seattle Mariners. Of course, San Francisco and Seattle are the cities competing with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
The Grizzlies threw the first punch.
After team statistics were called into question, the dispute escalated to include attendance figures, standings, and mentions of homegrown players.
The vicious back and forth closely resembles a recent online argument between the Sacramento River Cats and Reno Aces. Who’d have thought the NFC Championship Game would result in a baseball feud?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A case of the Mondays: Flying clotheslines, raccoons and funny faces. Football is back!
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Get to know Tim Hudson: Career timeline
- Mitch Richmond is having trouble selling his mansion
- CA Trump Supporters Celebrate Payoff of Fundraising Efforts
- What Sharks like about way they are playing despite loss to Sabres
- Sharks' three-game winning streak ends with tough 4-3 loss to Sabres
- Shot of the Game: Sharks' Marcus Sorensen redirects tying goal vs. Sabres
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in streak-snapping 4-3 loss to Sabres
- Marcus Sorensen's second goal of season ties game with Sabres, 3-3
- Sabres' goal vs. Sharks waved off, then deemed good by replay review
- Sharks icon Arturs Irbe reflects on his journey to NHL
- Video Shows Coach Stop Possible School Shooting With Hug
- Watch ex-49ers assistant Keanon Lowe disarm gunman at Portland school
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|