Jan 15, 2014, 9:22 AM PDT
Politicians in Olympia, Washington are using a San Francisco 49ers jersey as a doormat. It’s actually an excellent jersey choice. Alex Smith is the last 49ers quarterback to win a game in Seattle. He helped the 49ers beat the Seahawks 19-17 on Dec. 24, 2011.
The jersey belongs to Greg Payne, who is an avid Seattle Seahawks fan. He is the office coordinator for the House Chief Clerk. He apparently found the jersey at a garage sale.
If you think it feels like Seahawks fans have a bit of an inferiority complex, you aren’t the only one that’s noticed.
— Here’s why it’s so hard to win in Seattle: Tampa Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon wrote a very interesting first-hand account of what it’s like to play a game at CenturyLink Field. Hint: It’s insanely loud.
“The noise was just overwhelming,” writes Glennon. “And I can imagine it’s going to be even worse with the Super Bowl on the line.”
— Someone turned Jim Harbaugh into Wonder Woman. The internet is truly amazing. It’s unlikely that Sarah Harbaugh likes that outfit anymore than Jim’s pleated khakis.
Field of Links:
— Former Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden announced his retirement on Tuesday. His Mother’s Day perfect game at the Oakland Coliseum cements his status as an A’s legend, no matter how short his career was. The man was unflappable on the mound and hilarious in the clubhouse. Maybe now he can finally become the Mayor of Stockton.
— Stomper doesn’t take too kindly to traffic. (skip to the 1:55 mark)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Damian Jones is 'going to learn a lot' vs. next two Warriors opponents
- Man Arrested After Trespassing in 11-Year-Old Girl's Bed: PD
- San Jose Man Arrested in Violent Sexual Assault of Girl, 17
- Marvin Bagley 'trying to stay patient' after limited minutes in Kings debut
- Fire Threatens Natural Gas Pipeline, Prompts Evacuations
- Safeway Employee in SF Fetches $1.9 Million of Mega Millions
- Salesforce Transit Center Contractor Seeks $150M in Lawsuit
- Bay Area Roads Are Some of Worst in the Country: Report
- Chris Webber bestows high praise on Kings rookie Harry Giles
- Kings takeaways: Three things we learned from season-opening loss to Jazz
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|