Jan 15, 2014, 9:22 AM PDT
Politicians in Olympia, Washington are using a San Francisco 49ers jersey as a doormat. It’s actually an excellent jersey choice. Alex Smith is the last 49ers quarterback to win a game in Seattle. He helped the 49ers beat the Seahawks 19-17 on Dec. 24, 2011.
The jersey belongs to Greg Payne, who is an avid Seattle Seahawks fan. He is the office coordinator for the House Chief Clerk. He apparently found the jersey at a garage sale.
If you think it feels like Seahawks fans have a bit of an inferiority complex, you aren’t the only one that’s noticed.
— Here’s why it’s so hard to win in Seattle: Tampa Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon wrote a very interesting first-hand account of what it’s like to play a game at CenturyLink Field. Hint: It’s insanely loud.
“The noise was just overwhelming,” writes Glennon. “And I can imagine it’s going to be even worse with the Super Bowl on the line.”
— Someone turned Jim Harbaugh into Wonder Woman. The internet is truly amazing. It’s unlikely that Sarah Harbaugh likes that outfit anymore than Jim’s pleated khakis.
Field of Links:
— Former Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden announced his retirement on Tuesday. His Mother’s Day perfect game at the Oakland Coliseum cements his status as an A’s legend, no matter how short his career was. The man was unflappable on the mound and hilarious in the clubhouse. Maybe now he can finally become the Mayor of Stockton.
— Stomper doesn’t take too kindly to traffic. (skip to the 1:55 mark)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
- New Details Emerge in Case of Missing SF Uber Driver
- Giants lineup: Hernandez in, Slater out
- Earthquakes players react to Kinnear's firing, Leitch's promotion
- Fireworks Enforcement Ramps Up for Fourth of July
- Vogt has that 'rejuvenation feeling' going from A's to first-place Brewers
- Tierney, Sorensen among players qualified by Sharks
- With Duffy's uncertain health, Rays reportedly trade for another shortstop
- Facebook May Be Creating Original TV Shows: Report
- Earthquakes GM defends firing coach: 'I think this team can achieve more'
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|