Jan 15, 2014, 1:22 PM PDT
Behold the power of the internet. On Tuesday, Jim Harbaugh’s wife, Sarah, called into a talk radio show to express disdain for her husband’s pleated khakis.
During the interview, she explained that she threw away all of her husband’s pleated pants, only to find that he went to Walmart and purchased several more pairs for $8 a piece during the NFL Scouting Combine.
On Wednesday, a Twitter user named Austin Jeffers posted the actual photos of Harbaugh buying the pleated khakis. Jeffers must have Nostradamus-like foresight, as he is actually pointing to the khakis in the photo. Spooky.
The story checks out. Jeffers says the photo was taken at the Walmart on Lafayette Road in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is the closest Walmart location to Lucas Oil Stadium, where the NFL Scouting Combine takes place.
Enjoy your 15 minutes of internet fame, Austin. You earned it.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings' 10 best free agency options to fill small forward vacancy
- NBA free agency 2019 predictions: Landing spots for marquee names
- Warriors announce 2019 NBA Summer League roster, broadcast schedule
- California Seeks to Bring High-Tech to State Government
- Women's World Cup rankings: How USWNT stands among quarterfinalists
- Why Rockets' reported Jimmy Butler pursuit might be good for Warriors
- WATCH: Giants vs. Rockies
- How Liam Hendriks turned into A's bullpen star one year after being DFA'd
- Jordan Poole highlights: How Warriors' 2019 first-round draft pick can help
- Film Room: What first-round draft pick Jordan Poole adds to Warriors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|