Jan 15, 2014, 4:24 PM PST
Joe Montana is arguably the greatest quarterback ever, and he’s pinning the 49ers’ hopes of returning to the Super Bowl solely on Colin Kaepernick. No pressure.
On an episode of Showtime’s Inside the NFL, which airs Tuesday at 9:00 p.m., Montana stressed that Kaepernick is the key to the 49ers’ success in the NFC Championship. The Hall of Fame quarterback believes the Seattle Seahawks will be able to take away the 49ers run game, putting the pressure on Kaepernick.
“If you can bump and run those receivers and make him make tight throws all the time, Seattle has a chance to beat the 49ers,” Montana said.
Montana made the comments during a web extra segment. He also noted that he’s surprised by the trouble opposing teams have at CenturyLink Field, because teams use silent snap counts. Montana was 2-1 in Seattle, but the Seahawks played in the Kingdome at the time. He said New Orleans is the loudest place he’s ever played.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Bad offense, not bad officiating, is main culprit for Sharks' skid
- Gameday: How the well-rested Nets will test the Durant-less Warriors
- Joel Embiid 'likes' Kevin Durant's postgame comments
- Steph Curry goes on rant over how Celtics-in-Finals comments were interpreted
- Warriors F Kevin Durant won't play vs Nets due to ankle injury
- Watch: Fleetwood gets emotional with family after Race to Dubai win
- SFO Is Among 10 Most Instagram-Worthy Airports in US: Report
- Matsuyama after Koepka rout: 'Huge gap between us'
- McCormick to caddie for Spieth at Aussie Open
- Rahm wins finale, Fleetwood takes Race to Dubai
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|