Jan 15, 2014, 4:24 PM PDT
Joe Montana is arguably the greatest quarterback ever, and he’s pinning the 49ers’ hopes of returning to the Super Bowl solely on Colin Kaepernick. No pressure.
On an episode of Showtime’s Inside the NFL, which airs Tuesday at 9:00 p.m., Montana stressed that Kaepernick is the key to the 49ers’ success in the NFC Championship. The Hall of Fame quarterback believes the Seattle Seahawks will be able to take away the 49ers run game, putting the pressure on Kaepernick.
“If you can bump and run those receivers and make him make tight throws all the time, Seattle has a chance to beat the 49ers,” Montana said.
Montana made the comments during a web extra segment. He also noted that he’s surprised by the trouble opposing teams have at CenturyLink Field, because teams use silent snap counts. Montana was 2-1 in Seattle, but the Seahawks played in the Kingdome at the time. He said New Orleans is the loudest place he’s ever played.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Letters to Dwight Clark make impact, reach a wider audience
- The day of reckoning may finally be here for the uneventful Giants
- Whalen Playing Well in Long-Shot Chance to Join Raiders
- Seven ways Giants can evaluate roster over final 37 games of season
- Williams' Bid to Make 49ers' Backfield May Be Over
- 49ers' 53-man roster projection midway through 2018 NFL preseason
- Alameda Unified School District Adjusts Dress Code Policies
- Snedeker returns to OWGR top 50 with Wyndham win
- Wyndham purse payout: Snedeker clears $1 million
- Langer named Payne Stewart Award recipient
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|