Jan 16, 2014, 9:57 AM PST
The Seattle Seahawks have never won a Super Bowl. But that didn’t stop a Seahawks fan from declaring his beloved team the “champs” in permanent ink. Meet the man with the most on the line this Sunday.
Before the season even started, Tim Connors was so confident the Seahawks would win Super Bowl 48, that he tattooed it on his body. He’ll have a tough time explaining his ink if the 49ers win this Sunday.
Check out the photo courtesy of KOMO News in Seattle:
— Perhaps, even worse than Mr. Connors’ use of ink, is Sports Illustrated’s lack of it. S.I. is releasing three regional covers this week. The three teams featured: Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, and New England Patriots. It seems they forgot about the 49ers. Oops. At least Bay Area fans don’t have to worry about the cover jinx now.
— A couple pieces of advice, Macklemore. Stop sharing a barber with Miley Cyrus, and take that jacket back to the thrift shop.
Being a die-hard fan of your team is fine, but what’s with the photo making the rounds online of Macklemore wearing a Vikings jersey? Time for some less embarrassing links.
Field of Links:
— Our esteemed colleague and 49ers Insider, Matt Maiocco, points out that Ahmad Brooks has found previous success while making the leap of faith — even though it didn’t work last Sunday.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Watch this 11-month-old baby waterski.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Find out where the 49ers stand in the EA Sports Madden 25 ratings
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Iguodala, Curry name-dropped in Kevin Hart rap video
- Case of the Mondays: Curry's 'Grammy Shoes' light up the court, Seattle restaurant offers 'Crabtree's Tears'
- Stanley Cup on Display at San Jose City Hall
- 'Red-hot, white-hot' Klay Thompson has 'one of those nights' vs. Lakers
- Jordan Bell-Steve Kerr squabble a salty finish in Warriors blowout win
- Klay Thompson, Warriors dominate Lakers in eighth straight win
- Shot of the Game: Klay Thompson makes 10th straight 3-pointer vs. Lakers
- Klay Thompson historically efficient in Warriors' blowout vs. Lakers
- Starbucks to Launch Delivery Service in San Francisco
- Klay Thompson Has the Hot Hand as Warriors Thump Lakers
- Steph Curry slips when trying to dunk on wide-open fastbreak vs. Lakers
- Warriors takeaways: What we learned in 130-111 shellacking vs. Lakers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|