Jan 16, 2014, 3:20 PM PDT
New evidence is emerging that further proves 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick isn’t a self-centered jerk. Sorry, Seahawks fans.
After beating the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Kaepernick stepped to the podium rocking a red vest and backwards hat. Critics were quick to pounce on Kap’s flipped lid, but they missed the entire point of his wardrobe.
The vest was designed by a 13-year-old named Jeremiah Jones. The seventh grade fashion aficionado is a big 49ers fan and founder of JYoungin, an up-and-coming clothing brand. Jones sent Kaepernick the vest after learning they both have November birthdays.
So, how geeked up was the young designer to see Kap rocking his gear? Yahoo!’s The Postgame got the scoop straight from the source.
“It was massive,” Jones told ThePostGame. “I was blown away. It was a miracle.”
The PostGame notes that Jones received over 200 text messages after Kaepernick’s press conference, which aired on national television. The simple gesture by the 49ers’ quarterback provided a big boost to JYoungin, a business that is known to do a lot of positive things for the community.
Kaepernick may not say much, but his actions always speak louder than words. It’s worth checking out the full article on ThePostGame for more details.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's lineup: Righties stacked vs. Oberholtzer
- Cal defensive lineman Ted Agu died from heart ailment
- Kings having trouble matching Sharks' Thornton, Burns
- Yankees' Pineda suspended 10 games for pine tar incident
- Qatar, FIFA considering scrapping four World Cup stadiums
- Smith faces possible misdemeanor charge from airport incident
- Baldwin hasn't signed tender, still working out with Seattle
- 49ers play Sunday home games in exhibition season
- D'backs put Trumbo on DL, call up former Giants OF Kieschnick
- Sharks cruising while Ducks, Stars pummel each other
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|