Jan 16, 2014, 3:20 PM PST
New evidence is emerging that further proves 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick isn’t a self-centered jerk. Sorry, Seahawks fans.
After beating the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Kaepernick stepped to the podium rocking a red vest and backwards hat. Critics were quick to pounce on Kap’s flipped lid, but they missed the entire point of his wardrobe.
The vest was designed by a 13-year-old named Jeremiah Jones. The seventh grade fashion aficionado is a big 49ers fan and founder of JYoungin, an up-and-coming clothing brand. Jones sent Kaepernick the vest after learning they both have November birthdays.
So, how geeked up was the young designer to see Kap rocking his gear? Yahoo!’s The Postgame got the scoop straight from the source.
“It was massive,” Jones told ThePostGame. “I was blown away. It was a miracle.”
The PostGame notes that Jones received over 200 text messages after Kaepernick’s press conference, which aired on national television. The simple gesture by the 49ers’ quarterback provided a big boost to JYoungin, a business that is known to do a lot of positive things for the community.
Kaepernick may not say much, but his actions always speak louder than words. It’s worth checking out the full article on ThePostGame for more details.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kerr: Walton not getting wins 'dumbest thing I've ever heard'
- Couture practices with Sharks; Braun still missing
- Curry admits eyeing Lakers' win streak: ‘We talk about 33’
- NBA suspends Bucks head coach Jason Kidd
- Brownridge, Santa Clara just miss upset over No. 11 Arizona
- Gabbert silences critics, faces stiff challenge vs Cardinals
- SDSU hands No. 14 Cal first loss of season
- Cutler, Bears hold off Packers, who drop four of last five
- Stats favor NHL teams in playoff spot on Thanksgiving
- Panthers still perfect, Romo hurt again in 33-14 Dallas loss
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|