Jan 16, 2014, 3:20 PM PDT
New evidence is emerging that further proves 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick isn’t a self-centered jerk. Sorry, Seahawks fans.
After beating the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Kaepernick stepped to the podium rocking a red vest and backwards hat. Critics were quick to pounce on Kap’s flipped lid, but they missed the entire point of his wardrobe.
The vest was designed by a 13-year-old named Jeremiah Jones. The seventh grade fashion aficionado is a big 49ers fan and founder of JYoungin, an up-and-coming clothing brand. Jones sent Kaepernick the vest after learning they both have November birthdays.
So, how geeked up was the young designer to see Kap rocking his gear? Yahoo!’s The Postgame got the scoop straight from the source.
“It was massive,” Jones told ThePostGame. “I was blown away. It was a miracle.”
The PostGame notes that Jones received over 200 text messages after Kaepernick’s press conference, which aired on national television. The simple gesture by the 49ers’ quarterback provided a big boost to JYoungin, a business that is known to do a lot of positive things for the community.
Kaepernick may not say much, but his actions always speak louder than words. It’s worth checking out the full article on ThePostGame for more details.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kings sputter late, fall to Spurs 106-99
- Posey keeps showing his value behind plate for Giants
- Harbaugh explains why he kept Kap in Broncos game so long
- Giants' World Series message: 'Respect but don't fear' Royals
- Warriors sign G Sean Kilpatrick
- Giants notes: Bochy sets DH, Lincecum ready to relieve, etc.
- Harbaugh unsure if Aldon's suspension could be reduced
- Prior World Series experience doesn't matter after Game 1
- Kilgore set for season-ending surgery
- World Series prop bets: More than six steals for Royals?
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|