Jan 17, 2014, 2:00 PM PDT
TMZ might try to bill this fight as Mayweather-Guerrero II, but it’s quite underwhelming. On Wednesday, Floyd Mayweather Sr., 61, and Ruben Guerrero — the father of Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero — got into a scuffle outside a Las Vegas gym.
Mayweather Jr. defeated Guerrero in a boxing match that took place last May. During the build up for the fight, the elder Guerrero used a press conference as an outlet to attack Mayweather Jr.’s character.
Clearly, the fathers of these two famous boxers still harbor some ill will toward each other. They also had a similar confrontation in a restaurant. There’s even been talks of a boxing match between the two rivals.
For what it’s worth, the outlandish actions of Ruben Guerrero don’t seem to phase his son, Robert. “The Ghost” is a talented fighter and a very approachable and kind family man.
[H/T: Larry Brown Sports]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants Notes: Span feeling better, hopes to return to lineup Wednesday
- Injuries to Hahn, Alonso compound A's loss to Marlins
- Proposed High School Site Near Santa Rita Jail Rejected
- Consumers Feel Duped by Local Matchmaker
- Bay Area on Heightened Alert Following Manchester Bombing
- SF-Bound United Flight Evacuated at Newark Airport
- Saratoga High Student Arrested for Threatening Violence
- Alonso feels 'lucky,' thought he broke wrist on HBP
- SF Public Defender Launches New Immigration Court Unit
- Hahn goes into detail about injury that forced him out of game vs Miami
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|