Jan 17, 2014, 2:00 PM PDT
TMZ might try to bill this fight as Mayweather-Guerrero II, but it’s quite underwhelming. On Wednesday, Floyd Mayweather Sr., 61, and Ruben Guerrero — the father of Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero — got into a scuffle outside a Las Vegas gym.
Mayweather Jr. defeated Guerrero in a boxing match that took place last May. During the build up for the fight, the elder Guerrero used a press conference as an outlet to attack Mayweather Jr.’s character.
Clearly, the fathers of these two famous boxers still harbor some ill will toward each other. They also had a similar confrontation in a restaurant. There’s even been talks of a boxing match between the two rivals.
For what it’s worth, the outlandish actions of Ruben Guerrero don’t seem to phase his son, Robert. “The Ghost” is a talented fighter and a very approachable and kind family man.
[H/T: Larry Brown Sports]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Warriors placed a call to Dwyane Wade
- Crews Battle Two-Alarm House Fire in San Jose
- Report: Dwyane Wade nearing agreement with Cavs
- SF Officials Set Up Cooling Centers Ahead of Midweek Heat
- The adjustment is going to take some time for Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Maybe our wanting him to play isn’t the best thing for Colin Kaepernick
- Klay Thompson: 'I worked harder this summer because...'
- Patriot Prayer Plans March, Rally in Berkeley
- Hoyer Bounces Back to Show 49ers He Can be Effective QB
- Can Crabtree Bounce Back in Time for Broncos?
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|