Jan 17, 2014, 11:00 AM PDT
The Golden State Warriors’ Full Squad just got a lot larger. On Thursday, Warriors forward David Lee arranged a special delivery for the San Francisco 49ers. The NBA All-Star made “#FullSquad” shirts in 49ers team colors and made sure that each player on the roster got one.
49ers linebacker Dan Skuta secured the delivery. He was a fitting player to receive the shipment of shirts, because he epitomizes the meaning of full squad. Skuta doesn’t get the bulk of playing time, but contributed a sack last Sunday against the Carolina Panthers.
[RELATED: Warriors making Full Squad a trending topic]
Full Squad has become the Warriors’ rallying cry. The phrase originated during a media session when Lee quizzed WarriorsWorld.net on the team’s record with a full squad. It took off from there. The Warriors players often tweet the term in the form of a hashtag and say it during interviews. The Dubs are 12-3 since Andre Iguodala returned to the lineup and re-united the full squad.
Lee’s classy gesture further secures the bond between the Bay Area’s teams and players. The 49ers will be traveling to Seattle to take on the Seahawks in the NFC Championship. They are considered underdogs and will need their full squad to contribute if they want to make it to the Super Bowl for a second consecutive season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ghost Ship Trial: 3 Jurors Dismissed; Deliberations Restart
- Pleasant Hill Votes Down Recreational Pot Businesses
- Criminal Complaints Against 8 in Contra Costa Sideshows
- Mountain Lion Family Spotted Along South Bay Hiking Trail
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo knocks off rust despite few reps in preseason debut
- San Jose’s Bumpy Roads Are Getting a Makeover
- No Death Penalty Sought in Nia Wilson BART Stabbing Case: DA
- Garoppolo Flops in Debut, But 49ers Beat Broncos
- Warriors' Steph Curry amazed by Andre Iguodala's stellar drive off tee
- No Phones: San Mateo High Launches New Program For Students
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|