Jan 20, 2014, 11:24 AM PST
The Batkid story officially has a happy ending. According to the Chronicle, a charitable couple has stepped up to pay the costs incurred by San Francisco while making Miles Scott’s dream come true.
Some people were outraged when they found out the city spent over $100,000 to create super hero-themed day for Batkid. They now officially have no reason to complain. Bay Area philanthropists John and Marcia Goldman gave Make-A-Wish a check for $105,000 to cover all of the costs.
Even without the sizable donation, the event was worth every penny. Over 10,000 people volunteered and the streets of San Francisco were lined with people as Batkid rescued a damsel in distress, thwarted a bank robbery attempt by the Riddler, and rescued San Francisco Giants mascot Lou Seal from the Penguin.
Scott, a five-year-old leukemia survivor, warmed the heart of the nation and even got a congratulatory message from President Obama after saving Gotham City. He was granted a key to the city and honored by San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee on the steps of City Hall.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fairfield Woman's Good Deed Takes a Turn For the Worse
- NBC Bay Area Makes Donation To Forgive $1.5M in Medical Debt
- SJ Police Investigating Abuse Reporting at Presentation High
- Juveniles Drag Passenger Off Train, Steal iPhone: BART
- Student Planned to Harm Classmates at Elementary School: PD
- BART Releases Bodycam Video From Officer-Involved Shooting
- Oakland Man Missing in Frigid Wilderness of Yosemite
- Jordan Bell scrimmages with Warriors, inches closer to return
- Steve Kerr 'amazed' by activism of Florida survivors fighting for change
- Steve Kerr applauds 'heroic' Florida teens for using their voice
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|